·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was one of my concerns yes ... I have a steel stem in my rear, I'll have one put in my front b4 putting these on tho.

·
Fashion Conscious
1,896 Posts
I love my FOBO using metal T-stems. I can adjust pressure without removing the unit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Looking around, I only saw one generic internal system.

Not sure I like the idea of the screw on caps because it defeats the valve. Surprised there aren't more internal diy systems out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kinda awkward to check tire pressure on the rear of my Ultra Limited ... thinking of getting a TPMS system ... the type that screw onto the valve stem and bluetooth to your phone look sweet ... anyone have experience with these systems and if so good, bad ugly?

Brand/model recommendations?

Here's one I was thinking about > https://www.amazon.com/FOBO-Pressure-Monitoring-Systems-Silver/dp/B07Q21RNNB/?tag=td-default-ca-20&th=1

Thanks
I use that very system. Other than occasionally changing the batteries it works great. I have a 2015 Ultra limited and you really can’t even see it. It is very accurate and so much easier to keep an eye on your pressure. Mine is made for a car but adapts. There is one made for bikes if want to go that route.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did order the FOBO Bike 2 system and installed it today. I have metal valve stems however I wish now I had of put in the T-stems, which I will do on the next tire change, will make pressure adjustments a bit easier.

So far the system seems to be working fine. Install went smoothly, the battery in one unit was doa, the app told me that and you get two extras in the package so no big deal ... set my pressures and went for a 50 mile test ride. The units functioned as advertised and I noticed no balance issues.

I was surprised at how much the pressure actually climbs at operating temp ... my rear went from 40.5 psi @ 70F to 47.4 psi @ 95F. I have to assume the Dunlop engineers take that into account when calculating the max cold pressures.

Oh, one other thing is I turned off the background service of the app as I only want to use it when I want to, not 24/7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts