V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Just wanted to take a moment and publicly ask each and every one to take a moment and considder the Toys for Tots Charity this Holliday Season.
This organization Starts early every Holliday season in gathering gifts and donations for Underprivelaged Children.
My wife started this conversation with me last night and pointed out that both Her and I came from VERY underprivelaged childhoods BUT we were both very fortunate in the respect that there was NEVER a year that "Santa" missed our homes during his fatefull trip on Christmas eve.
Im actually getting soggy as I write this.
The conversation carried over into our visit with my Mom and until this day I NEVER knew that a similar organization to TFT visited our home one year when times were especially tough. Dad worked 2 &3 jobs to support our family of 6 and Mom made the most of what we had and made sure that we always had clothes, and at least SOMETHING for dinner. I wasnt aware of just how hard they worked just to provide that which MANY of us take for granted. The fact that I didnt even KNOW how bad times were til I got older is a testimonial to their hard work and love for us. MANY families try very hard and just cant seem to get that extra little stretch out of their available income.
The Ol really hit a nerve when se said to me "can you inagine how you would have felt if you woke up Christmas Morning and there was NO tree and Santa had skipped your house and THEN you had 1 scrambled egg for dinner if it was a GOOD holliday" "you would prolly have wondered WHY Santa didnt stop and would have felt like you were not a good kid so you didnt even get a real dinner on Christmas"
I know that there a lot of adults that are going to have a rough Holliday as well, but It occurrs to me that Children can do absolutely NOTHING to improve their condition.
As I sat out in the Shop last night looking through my books of Parts and upgrades, I closed the catalogs and put them in the drawer and have decided to wait til spring to do anything more. God, Buddah, Dio, the comet, (Call it what you wish), has Blessed me with a wonderful life. I have a wonderful companion, a BRAND New Harley in the Garage, a nice Home, several cars, and a Great Job. A LONG cry from where I started. We're going on a Charity Ride Today and the Mrs. and I will hit EVERY one we can throughout the Holliday season. The 95" conversion WILL wait til spring, and I will take a moment on Christmas day to think of the boys and girls that will get a bigger smile than an extra 20 hp could ever give me and I will share that smile WITH them.
Even if you cannot help financially at this time, please support and encourage these organizations for the gifts of LOVE and caring that they bring to those less fortunate.
Take Care, God Bless, and keep yer Knees in the Breeze!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Dyna, excellent post.
We just had a toy run here in CT. And it rained all dam day. I made a couple calls and had some people tell everyone to meet at the bar with their toys. We put them all in a van and made it to Hartford CT. to hand them over. Anything to put a smile on a little dudes (or dudett's) face is cause enough for me. Keep fighten the good fight.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Wow, I'm glad the wife did not come into the room wile I was reading that post;) She would of asked me what I was crying for:eek: We always try to help out at this time of the year, great post, Dyna:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
The Ol really hit a nerve when se said to me "can you inagine how you would have felt if you woke up Christmas Morning and there was NO tree and Santa had skipped your house and THEN you had 1 scrambled egg for dinner if it was a GOOD holliday" "you would prolly have wondered WHY Santa didnt stop and would have felt like you were not a good kid so you didnt even get a real dinner on Christmas"

Dyna,
This sh*t just tears my *ss up. The saddest thing is, You dont have to look very far to see kid's like this. We have several families of them, right down the street from us. I look at those kids innocent faces and dont really know what to say. How do you tell them that it's not their fault that life is so sh*tty for them ? I've been taught all my life that you reap what you've sown. How does that apply to these little kids ?

How do you tell them it's not their fault that their Dad walked out on them and their Mom cant find a decent paying job, because all the good paying jobs have been shipped off to Mexico and other countries ?

Anyway, you have a good heart Dyna. It always makes me proud to be associated with people like you. Whether it is on Toy runs, Charity drives or on these Forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts