V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm braced....
What is it like towing a trailer with a motorcycle, OL wants me to get one to make shopping trips up North with, we're 80 miles South of Carson City and she thinks it will save on gas costs ( I know it will) doing the shoping run with the bike instead of the P-up.
So let the flaming start.....
Good input will help also......thanx :unsure:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
My bike is a grocery getter, so no flaming there. Never neaded a trailer.

If your doing this for fun, go ahead. If In the long run bikes may be more expensive. More maintenace costs.

·
C'ya on the road
146 Posts
OK I'm braced....
What is it like towing a trailer with a motorcycle
Why would you think anyone would flame you for a honest question. I personally think it's a great idea, especially with todays cost for gas. Besides, I'd do the same thing if gas was $1.00 a gallon, ah hell, I'd make that run, trailer and all for the hell of it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been too long without two wheels and can't wait for the weather to turn, no ice on highway, I figure I can get most stuff back in the bags but am wondering about how to keep the milk and other cold stuff cold.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why not build your own trailer from a Harbor Freight kit and a Sears 20 cu.ft. cartop carrier. Delphi forums has a great site for trailer towing and build info. Do your research.
Trailering is no problem if you use common sense and good judgement and opens up a whole new world of travel and touring.
BTW, I love that section of 395 between Bridgeport and Carson City, was up there for street vibes and saw some serious roadwork on the side of the mountain, when are they supposed to have the new freeway open?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The freeway project just keeps growing a little bit at a time,looks like it'll be great when it's done, they need more out of staters like us to come pay taxes at the one armed tax collector machines. Still waiting for a big tax return up North, did get a $600 tax return at Harris in Laughlin a couple of months ago but paid off my chrome rehab fees at the dealer with it.
On another note Bridgeport regular gas is at $3.29 a gal this week!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts