V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the posts about touring windshields. I have bought one but have not installed it because I'm not sure if it is really what I want. I presently have the Super Sport windshield on the bike which I'm also not sure about. Here are my thoughts:
1. The Super Sport shield looks okay but the bike looks better without a shield and certainly better than the Touring shield.
2. The Super Sport shield protects your chest but wind hits your face something fierce (I have to where a face shield on long rides)
3. The SS shield isn't easy to take off and put on.
4. The Touring shield looks like crap but does protect your face
5. The Touring shield comes off easily.
6. With the Touring shield you have to relocate the turn indicators (if not what goes on the threaded end of the fittings that hold the indicators and shield)
7. Would the indicators look better on the upper shield bracket and can this be done?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bermuda, when I bought my bike from the dealer they installed the touring windshield before I left with it. They used the relocation kit, which puts the turn signals coming off the sides of the top mounting brackets. The windshield comes off in about 2 seconds and back on in the same. Leaving you to cruise town clean or take that 300 mile jaunt with your windshield. I've always been a big fan of detachable windshields. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts