V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here put the Low Profile Touring Shocks on your Dyna? Results??? I found a set of 54635-09 and am entertaining the thought of this mod. Any ideas, specs, or input to this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not the profile low ones but I have a set and like them, they didn't cost much, ride nice and have yet to display any bad manners. Make sure your's were capped or there may have been some oil loss.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not the profile low ones but I have a set and like them, they didn't cost much, ride nice and have yet to display any bad manners. Make sure your's were capped or there may have been some oil loss.

Do you remember what the Part Number is? What pressure do you run? The pic makes your fender look a little higher than on some other Dynas I've seen. Maybe that's some of the difference between the ones you have and the Low Profile.

Hoping they will clear with rigid mount bags!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are the standard height ones, OAL is 13" and yes, they do make the fender higher than stock because they are longer but the improved ride and ground clearance is well worth the trade off IMO - the part number is 54565-09 and I usually leave them set around 25psi for 2 up, very occassionally I have bumped that up to 30 2up but not usually. Interestingly, the ride doesn't seem to suffer much if at all with the higher pressure riding solo. I think they will fit, not that much larger than the stock ones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you happen to know the eye to eye measurement of the shock before it was mounted? Dealer doesn't have access to those specs. The ones I'm considering, 54635-09 are Low Profile, but not mounted measure every bit of 13+ inches whereas my stockers measure 12" mounted. Think preloaded measurements make a difference? I'm thinking maybe so, but I doubt when you let the bike down it will drop an inch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Were you looking at some at the dealer? Were they new or take offs? Unless someone has removed them there should be a small sticker just above the rubber boot (you can see it in the photo) with the part number. As I recall mine were 13" before mounting which makes me think you were looking at the standard ones, I thought the lowering shocks were 12" OAL fully extended, they do sag some but I have not measured how much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ones I saw were take offs and the sticker you mention (which it has) is the part number I posted. That part number says it's the Low Profile on the HD site. I'm curious as to what your measurement is now with your shock mounted..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts