V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a set of Touring mufflers (Genuine Motor Acces, not SE) with end caps, and did the SE air cleaner intake\ dynojet kit on the 2002 FLHT.

I know lots of folks like things LOUD.
I did too. But I'm trying to settle the decibels down a wee bit. Don't like yelling to my OL, or the headaches after a 500 mile ride. So I went for the setup mentioned above and..........I friggin LOVE it!

The combination of the almost subsonic exhaust tones coupled with the big sucking\roaring noises coming from the motor intake go hand in hand.

MHO

·
Registered
354 Posts
Interesting post!

What pipes did you run before the Touring mufflers?

Do the Touring mufflers have removable baffles?

Did you notice a performance change?

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the FL, replaced the stock ones.

It seems that you can remove the baffle. On the backside, you can clearly see the rivets holding it in place.

Yep. From idle to "easy"shifting the first thing I notced was the "hiccup" is gone. No matter what I tried, it's gone.....it's a good thing!
From idle to "getting on" the throttle. BIG difference. More power everywhere. Transition from torque to hp is much more apparent.

I was running a bit "rich" idling. Dyno jet said to turn out screw 3 1/2 turns from fully seated. I leaned it a quarter or so and upped the idle screw a tad. Idles at 1000 rpm.

Now, I only took this thing out for a bout 60 miles worth yesterday, since I did all that work. So far so good. Gonna play some more, find limits, and put it on a dyno, as my dealer who rides the same model, threw an invitation at me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts