V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ladder 22
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 FF Road king, Im looking for a tour pack that won't cost me $700 does anyone have any ideas?

Sanman

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
sanman said:
I have an 06 FF Road king, Im looking for a tour pack that won't cost me $700 does anyone have any ideas?

Sanman
Took me awhile but I was able to find all the parts and pieces from eBay to mount a Ultra Tour Pack on my FLHRI, for less than your planning on.
Sam

·
Ladder 22
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found on on ebay for about 200 with out quick detach braket however its color doens't match. How much did you spend, and does the color match the bike? what should I be looking for? The one I found has VIP on the back, is this what you found? thanks,

Sanman

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
sanman said:
I found on on ebay for about 200 with out quick detach braket however its color doens't match. How much did you spend, and does the color match the bike? what should I be looking for? The one I found has VIP on the back, is this what you found? thanks,

Sanman
Sounds like a good deal, I waited until found one in Vivid Black that matched my bike. If not I have a local painter that could paint one for me. I spent more than 200. No idea as to what VIP means, could be added on.
Sam

·
Registered
15 Posts
After Market Tour Pack

The "VIP" is made in China, but is marketed by Custom Cycle Gear (Phone: 510/499-1277).
I purchased a DMY-series top box in chopper blue - the color match is perfect, the fit and "lines" are very good. It is not as rigid as a H-D one, but at the price, for occasional use, I consider it a major winner. The Company was excellent to deal with as well. Hit the web-site, and take a look.
You need to provide your own rear rack.

·
Ladder 22
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Murf said:
The "VIP" is made in China, but is marketed by Custom Cycle Gear (Phone: 510/499-1277).
I purchased a DMY-series top box in chopper blue - the color match is perfect, the fit and "lines" are very good. It is not as rigid as a H-D one, but at the price, for occasional use, I consider it a major winner. The Company was excellent to deal with as well. Hit the web-site, and take a look.
You need to provide your own rear rack.
Yea, thats the company I was talking about; However They only have the 03 and older firefighter edition red and not the new 06 color that I have. The new color is more of a true fire engine red, a little darker and not so much orange in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tour Pak

sanman,
I bought a color matched Harley king tour pack from Benji's HD in West Virginia for $599.00. Ask for Jenni, she knows her parts.
capt42a

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Ebay options

If it does not have to be a genuine Harley tour pack you should search eBay under motorcycle trunk. A couple of my mates bought the VIP brand/line. For the price they are happy. The cost of getting one painted to match their bike was reasonable. Pack, freight and paint came to $ 250 - $ 275.

The quality is pretty good. And the led lights were easy enough to wire in.

I've got a police glide that comes without a tour pack; like the Roadking. After playing around with looking for a tour pack I finally gave up. Now I have a detachable Harley luggage rack and a tail bag. Having toured with a glide and the tour pack on other occasions I like the tail bag far better. Quick and easy to get of and on the bike. The tour pack was only nicer for the wife as it had the wraparound backpad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts