V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the 2006 80463-06 EPA 49 state legal touring mufflers with cats? Are they louder than stock? I would kind of like to stay EPA legal until we know how it will all wash out in the end. In other words I don't want to spend money on something for my Road King Classic that I will be forced to take off and not use.

Thanks for any info.

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
If they say 49 State EPA legal, you shouldnt have a thing to worry about.

It should be stamped on the muffler that it meets EPA requirements and all that stuff too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put those on my 2006 Ultra. They are really not much louder then stock. Too quiet for me. No real deep rumble.

I regreat getting them and now looking at either the Supertrapp or the S&S SPO. They are quiet but also at least have that nice rumble to them.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I have the SPOs on my bike overseas. I sure hope S&S gets a California approved model of them on the shelves before I come home. Whenever that is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read about the SPO's and have seen pictures. I don't know if I like the look from the back. Maybe if I saw them in person they would look ok. How loud are they?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Vulc-
I have the touring mufflers on my CVO Electraglide with the 103" motor. The touring mufflers come standard. I had ridden an 06 Ultra before I bought my bike used. The Ultra sounded like a Honda with the stock mufflers. The touring mufflers have a little bit of sound (not loud but not Honda like either).
At cruising speed you can hear the radio and have a little bit of noise when you accelerate thru the gears. Sometimes I would like a little more noise on acceleration and at idle but I have not found what those mufflers might be yet. You can usually find the touring mufflers on Ebay with endcaps and sometimes the shields. One thing for sure, they are a quality looking and heavy muffler.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
The SPOs are just a bit louder than stock. Nobody around here has the touring mufflers so I can't compare the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts