V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride an FLHTPI that's equipped with saddlebags only, but want something extra for occasional touring. I prefer not to go the Tour Pak route. Any recommendations on duffels or other types of bags that are reasonably priced and work well?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
My philosophy is that if it doesn't fit in the bags it stays home, but from the experiences of some I travel with it's real hard to beat a T-Bag.

You need a detachable sissybar to mount it, but when riding solo you can reverse the bags mounting and set it on the rear seat and then you have the best backrest short of a breasticle gifted passenger.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Agree w/ Hippo. We got a T Bag for our Road King Classic and used it last weekend. Workrd perfectly, lots of toi straps, side pockets, etal. Well designed. Cost about $250 for two bags (round one could be strapped on top of the main bag, although we didn't need it). We didn't even open up the main bag this trip, used it in its narrow configuration. Could probably get it cheaper on the net, but we were in a hurry. greg

·
Registered
903 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts