V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the tour-pak wall organizer? lid organizer? Likes or dislikes? What about the multi pocket windshield pouch? pros/cons? How does it mount?

thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I chose the saddlebag lid organizer. I didn't want to lose an inch or two in my tour pak. I use them to store things I don't use often, but want to have and keep out of the way. Flashlight, playing cards, multi meter, etc. Before the lid storage, these items were kicking around loose and getting beat up in my bags or tour pak. They've worked good for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got the windshield pouch. It attaches with 3 small hook type "lips" that attach between the windshield and the inner fairing. I use mine for earplugs, sunglasses, cell phone, lip balm (hard candy on long rides). They won't hold a great deal but do allow you to have a few "key" items close at hand. I highly suggest them over the single pouch that HD also offers. I lost the single pouch on an exit ramp at about 40 mph. My garage door opener was inside. Then it was in pieces.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the three pouch unit that sits behind the windshield. One strong recomendation if you get these is to apply some of the foam tape to the back of the windshield between the pouches and the windshield. If you dont the pouches vibrate against the windshield and make a fair ammount of noise. I brought the tape at home depot and I painted the windshield black up to the top of the puuches since the back side of the tape shows through the windshield if its not painted.

·
03 FLHTCUI
375 Posts
I bought and installed the tour pak wall organizer. I don't know if I did not get it installed correctly or what, but I took it out after a week. Takes up a lot of room, I am not sure where I put things and I had a hard time getting the Tour Pak lid to shut completely. Even when shut, it is hard, sometimes impossible to get the lock to work, because the lock arm runs into the wall unit. Again, maybe I did not get it installed correctly, but I took it out, and am glad I did. Anybody want to buy a slightly used unit?

Ride Safe.
Walt

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have both the Tour Pak and saddle bag lid organizers. I can put a full face helmet in my Tour-Pak without any problem. The saddle bag lid organizers are handy for small lite items. Would recommend both.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Don't know about the 'tour pak' organizer but I did buy the C-D pouches from E-Glide Goodies that hook onto the existing soft covers of the lowers on an Ultra. They hold a bunch of C-D's and lots of little thangs. I've got the windshield pouches also.....Don't overload them or they rattle. The single windshield pouch has a habit of 'launching' itself off of the windshield when least expected. I caught mine in my lap one morning about 2 am.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
[QUOTE='05FLHTCUI]I didn't want to lose an inch or two in my tour pak..[/QUOTE]
I though the same thing. I have packed the tourpak to the point where it is going to explode. Almost need to sit on it to close it.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I have the tourpac organizer and like it. Keeps from having to dig to the bottom of the tourpac to find maps or something. I can still get 2 half helmets in....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
As an FYI, the tourpac organizer only fits the King sized tourpac. It is too big for the smaller pacs like the one styled for the RK Classic.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
sloxl said:
As an FYI, the tourpac organizer only fits the King sized tourpac.
I bought one for my son-in-law's '03 for Christmas...before wife wrapped it, i took it out and tried it in my '06 and it wouldn't fit...just a bit too big...the '06's are made out of a nylon material, not fiberglass.
Must be slightly dif. inside dimension ???
I saw an aftermarket one advertised on ebay...they were different #'s for the '05 & before and the '06's

·
OEF Vet - US Army
75 Posts
KRATC said:
Has anyone installed the tour-pak wall organizer? lid organizer? Likes or dislikes? What about the multi pocket windshield pouch? pros/cons? How does it mount?

thanks.
I ordered a tour pack lid organizer off of ebay, it velcroes into place and is great. Even has a small mirror on it. The best part is I didnt pay the HD price for it. Worth the money. He sells a lot of them on ebay, do a search and you should be able to find it.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Tour Pak

I ordered the tour pak from the guy on ebay and I love it. Still have room to put a full faced helmut in the pak. Very easy to install.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I installed the tour pack organizer and I've got the smaller of the two tour packs. I've had no problems with having not enough room. Nice for maps, cigars, pens, little do-dads that seem to get lost in a tour pack. Plenty of room for everything else I need to put in the darn thing. Heck, even enought room for my half shell helmet!
Flatline

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I've got the HD tour pac organizer. Only problem I had was the tape started to peel away in the corners. Solved it by putting a rack on the lid. I drilled the mounting holes through the organizer and used fender washers to help hold it in place. Works like a charm.
I keep my suspension pump, tire gage, tire repair kit, sunscreen, beer coozies, extra gloves, and a bunch of other crap in it and can still close the lid over my wifes full face helmet. I'm thinking about getting the one that wraps around the sides of the tour pac.lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts