V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for replacement male electrical plugs that fit the side lights on the 2002 and later Tour Pak. Does anyone know where these plugs can be obtained? Thanks, Ride Time

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Dealer item

I've found that almost all the electrical connectors (not counting simple terminal ends) used on a Harley are easiest to obtaine through a dealer. While a few electronics places have the connectors it usually turns out they only sell them in quantity. The connector your in need of will be in the parts book. Then you have an option of going through your dealer or using one of the discounters on-line. I'm sure that if you go on-line the shipping for such an inexpensive part will be more than the savings on the part. I'd really suggest you just go to the dealer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go through the dealer. Plus they should have this in stock!

I just bought the female end and 4 pins they were less than $8.00.

You may want to buy the tool that helps you with poping a pin out of the connector. There is a multi use pin tool listed on J&P Cycles http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=588D1754-AED7-4309-8802-9808082C047A. I was using a safety pin that worked maybe 30% of the time. To pop the pins out and replace took about 30 minutes when it should have been less than 5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts