V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one for my son-in-laws '03 for Christmas, and tried the fit in my '06...and it seems a bit too large.
The reason i checked was, on Ebay, an aftermarket company is offering a different one for the '06's
the nylon must be smaller inside than the fiberglass.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Thats to bad, one of the good thinks about Harley is they stay the same every year. I am curious why they would change the trunk. Bigger lights? Passnger sit farther back?

·
But officer........
28 Posts
I installed one 2 months ago. I love it for sunglasses, keys and cell phone. No problem installing it, but I bought velcro and installed it that way. So it isn't permant. If ever needed just pull it off.

Dino

·
Registered
762 Posts
HD downsized the Tour Pak beginning with '06 models. This might be the reason the organizer won't fit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a similar issue with the saddlebag lid organizers. Had a mishap and the right saddlebag on my 01 roadking was replaced with the new style bag and the organizer would not fit. The mechanic at the dealer just laid the organizer in the lid. There were no special part numbers for the different years and the parts guys were dumbfounded. The mechanic ultimate just drove one of the screws that hold the lid support thru the organizer to hold it in place.

I have since noticed a crack in my left bag and in looking to replace it found that there is a considerable price difference between the entire bag and just the lower. The dealer could not verify that the new style (ABS plastic) would be able to use my old (fiberglass) lid. I will fiberglass the crack.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I can only comment on the Saddlebag Lid Organizers. Got a set a while back for my '05. They didn't fit. Went to the dealership and showed the parts guys what was going on. Seems the part numbers are the same except for the end two numbers. I think my first set was an XXXXX-02. The ones that fit were an XXXXX-03 I think. Anyway from '05 on the saddlebag lids are different and now from what you're saying I guess the tour-packs are now changed too.

Just make sure to check the fit before tearing off that paper covering the tape. After that is off returning them may be a bit more challenging.

darrell

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Geoff said:
HD downsized the Tour Pak beginning with '06 models. This might be the reason the organizer won't fit.
If they downsized them I sure can't tell the difference in volume between the 05 EG Classic I had and the 06 Ultra I have now. I know the luggage rack and LED Spoiler (minus Color Code difference) are the same part numbers that I had installed on both the 05 and 06. The only difference I see on the inside is the tail lights that are installed on the Ultra Tour Pak vs the Classic which doesn't have them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts