V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of getting a tour pak for my Road Glide. I like the looks of the chopped tour pak but I am afraid my open face helment will not fit in it. Does anyone have one that they can close the lid with a full helment in it.
thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got the ultra tour pak for my 04 RG. I can put both of my 3/4 helmets in it and close fine. I carry a lot of junk in the pak: helmets, jackets, two sets of gloves and generally a whole bunch of stuff. Got the color-matched version from Chicago HD for 20% and didn't give mitch daniels his 6% either. Part number 53217-04BKE for me in Impact Pearl Blue. MSRP was $799.95 and I got it for $639.96.

·
Registered
8 Posts
King the way to go!!

We also have a tour pak for our RG and after much consideration, we got the King Tour Pak. My wife sat on a RG with the chopped version, then on the King and the King got the O.K. for comfort. I'm not sure about putting in the helmets in the chopped, but they fit fine in the King. If you do go with the King vesion, I highly recommend the Ultra because you get the Tour Pak brake lights with it. I bought the King and added the light kit afterward. $213.00 for the kit and $112.00 for the install. Bad math when you compare the two. -2$en#e-
Crabman

·
Registered
60 Posts
Also cl-77, the RG is pre-wired for the rear tail lights in the ultra version. connector is under the seat. I added speaker pods to mine from dragonflycycleconcepts.com. Their pods are 1" bigger and cost about the same as HD pods. I went with the Ultra for the wrap-around seat. Best product I've bought next to the fairing lowers for those cold morning.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Go for the Ultra tourpack. I put one on my '06 RG and love it. Now can't see taking it off (but I did set it up the quick detatch kit) because I would loose all the stuff I normally keep in there. Besides the extra storage, you get the additional lights and on the '06 tourpacks the side lights are LED and very bright. In my book you can never have enough light when out on the road after dark or on the high traffic freeways. Pics in my photo album, link below.

·
Registered
779 Posts
cl-77 said:
I have been thinking of getting a tour pak for my Road Glide. I like the looks of the chopped tour pak but I am afraid my open face helment will not fit in it. Does anyone have one that they can close the lid with a full helment in it.
thanks!
I have both a chopped and a full tour-pac for my R/G.

Neither a full face, nor a 3/4, will fit in a chopped tour-pac.

Sure looks bitchin' tho...:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts