V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct part # for a Detachable Docking Kit for the Tour-Pak on an 05' EG Classic? I want to be able to quickly remove and reinstall the Tour-Pak. I can't find it anywhere on the HD website. Is there any thing else I need to be able to do the quick detach and attach (another kit, other pieces)?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I bought the detachable kit for my FLHR. Tour pak has never been off. Damn things squeeks too. Do you really think you will take it off? Why? I have so much stuff in mine. Ilike it better then the bags too.
Sorry can't help.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Here's what you need:

Detachable 2-up tour pack rack 53276-04
or Detachable solo tour pack rack 53260-02

2-up docking hardware PN#: 53746-97B (front) 531237-96C (rear)
Solo docking hardware PN#: 53104-97B (front) 53450-97D (rear)

FWIW, I think the detachable pack was one of the best accessories I put on the bike. I have the pack, but unless I really need it, it's never on the bike, and I think the bike looks alot better without it. -2$en#e-

darrell

·
What, me worry?
200 Posts
Ironrdr said:
FWIW, I think the detachable pack was one of the best accessories I put on the bike. I have the pack, but unless I really need it, it's never on the bike, and I think the bike looks alot better without it. -2$en#e-
My feelings exactly!

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Ironrdr said:

darrell
I love mine too...it allows you to strip-her-down nice and sexy:brows:

·
Life is grand!
416 Posts
akpackfan said:
I want to be able to quickly remove and reinstall the Tour-Pak.
I do the same, only have the tourpak on when I go on trips, otherwise it's always taken off. Ironrdr's part numbers are correct. Good luck!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
To me a dresser is a dresser. Unless you take off the big ass fairing off. I just find it to useful. I like using it alot more then bags. Opens and close easy and at a good height. 12 pack longnecks fits in it. Especially nice this time of year. Heavy clothes. Otherwise I find bike is full of junk I stop at the store and don't have enough room. Guess my bike is a grocery getter.

Do any of you guys have a squeek with it on and no passenger? After a couple months I started getting squeek? Check all the hardware.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I put the quick detach kit on my '05 EG Classic and also put a Corbin solo saddle on, and I have the best of both worlds. Around town and on day trips, I have the trunk off and the solo on. The stripped down look is so classic. For trips, I put the trunk and my two-up seat back on, and I've got all the carrying space I need. Remember if you put the quick detach kit on, you also have to think about what you want to do with the antenna...either get the Dakota Digital replacement that mounts inside the fairing, or put the H-D antenna relo kit (#76326-00A) on the fender. I put the kit on the fender and put a stubby rubberized "scanner" type antenna on it. Now I don't really have to switch the antenna back to the tour pack when I put it back on, 'cause it's already out of the way.

Oh yeah, I have noticed a slight squeeking from the mounting bracket, but I solved it with some teflon plumbers tape around the mounting post.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Blue Glider said:
Oh yeah, I have noticed a slight squeeking from the mounting bracket, but I solved it with some teflon plumbers tape around the mounting post.
I was thinking electric tape, would hold up better. But if it works I'll have to try it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Electric/Black tape would be more durable, good idea. I do have to replace the teflon tape each time I put the pack on, but since I don't use it very often, it's no big deal to me.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Detachable Tour pak

I used a thin tie wrap and put it around the center of the fitting closet to the front of the bike. Works as well as the ele:brows: ctrical tape, but lasts a lot longer.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I had a squeek coming from the two bolts behind the license plate. Sometimes you can get a squeek/rubbing type noise as the passenger back rest rubs against the pack. Check all those fastners. 'Course it ain't like these muthas vibrate or sumpin..............:whistle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts