V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I found a thin, three inch scratch in the black powdercoat on the left clutch lever housing (I think thats what its called). I was wondering what would be good touch up paint that will match the stock black powdercoat? I think its a matte black finish, not gloss black. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
29 Posts
is it satin or flat black? if it is satin use an engine satin black black from a auto parts store. if it is a flat or matt finish just about any flat will match pretty close
steve

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gfcsteve said:
is it satin or flat black? if it is satin use an engine satin black black from a auto parts store. if it is a flat or matt finish just about any flat will match pretty close
steve
I guess its satin. I'm not sure. Its not glossy, and not extremely dull. I'll try a couple different "samples" and see what looks good I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Thats right

xxxflhrci said:
Just go to a swapmeet, dealer's junk pile, or eBay and by a take-off one. I'd guess it would cost you about 3 bucks.

I used to always overtighten and crack them Bastads then I went to my dealer and they had so many take offs sitting out back on the bench and scattered about, that I bought about 15 of them right and left for 20.00.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
West Marine stores sells various color spray paints used to touch up outboard motors. One color is propellor satin black, made for painting props. It is about a close a match you can get to the lever housings matte finish. It is also extremely durable.

·
Terrorists suck!
647 Posts
Me being the cheap person. I would use a Black sharpie pen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts