V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a chance to purchase a '07 m109r with around 4k miles, or a '06 roadliner with around 2400 miles. They are both priced within $300 of each other (roadliner being cheaper). Both are bone stock.

I like the looks of both bikes. Any recommendation/advice to choose one over the other? Between the two, which do you think will hold its value better?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Id settle for the softail but if you can swing the roadking that would be good too.

BTW welcome to the forum

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
I'd take the Yami over the Suzi. M-109Rs sound like ass.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Roadliners are pretty good riding bikes. I like lots of Suzukis, their inline 4's that is, but I've heard that the 109's ride like trucks, great in a straight line, but not so much on curvy blacktop. I'd suggest you ride them both.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Available

Not much available for the 109 in the aftermarket.
You know,things like windshields,crash bars,bags,highway bars,etc.

Small tank {4.5 gal. } on the roadliner.
Low center of gravity,good gas mileage,pretty fast & smooth.

JJ

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
The 109's have tranny issues, and Suzuki will not help you at all.

Get a Harley, why waist money on a wannbe bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
m109

Had a good looking 08 that someone had spent a ton on customization and it looked great. I never liked the one/two shift, there is evidently a design flaw that is somewhat expensive to fix. Does not always have to be fixed but will annoy of that I can promise. A local suzuki shop owner told me to sell the bike before I had a problem as suzuki will not help and he knew I took bikes to the strip. Go to one of the m109 web sites and it will be up for discussion. With me the bike ran 7.50 or so in eighth which is faster than any harley I have owned except a vrod. If not for shaft drive, could not change gearing, and the one/two shift problem I would still have the bike. Know nothing about a yamaha v. BTW one of the suzuki national reps that I met at daytona bike week last spring told me the problem had been fixed for twelve or thirteen. Ride before you buy, it may not bother you but I think it will.

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
The Yamaha is the better of the two bikes. The Suzuki was a half ass attempt at a cruiser. Suzuki makes great crotch rockets not good cruisers.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
The Yamaha is the better of the two bikes. The Suzuki was a half ass attempt at a cruiser. Suzuki makes great crotch rockets not good cruisers.
There (Suzuki) crotch rockets are fast, but the frames break in half!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haters

Why don't you Metric haters stay on the HD forums for crying out loud. Just answer the mans question if you know it and if not shut up.

To answer your question, the Roadliner is by far the better of those two bikes. You won't regret buying it if you like to ride and love power. 1900 CC's (1854 really) put a lot of torque to the ground and it handles like a dream. Either way have fun and keep the shiny side up. And smile at the haters as you ride by.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts