V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
We need a data base of good dyno guys from all regions of North America. If you guys know of any let's list 'em here.

Moderators Note: Please list Tuners only, no hijacking or other request. If you have a question about a reference, PM or email the poster.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Piper Performance

In the Dallas/Fort Worth area call Piper Performance. Cliff did a great job getting my Dyna dialed in. He's in Fort Worth but the drive from Plano was worth it for me. He's got all the toys for tuning. He can do SERT and Power Commander.

Piper Performance
5112 Comercial Drive
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday
Tel: 817-656-7400
Fax: 817-656-7410
http://www.piperperformance.com

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian Beckley at Zepka HD Johnstown, PA. 814-262-7777
This information courtesy of hdmd88.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Depending where in the PNW, but Greg Coen in OR is good, as is Nick at Custom Performance in Phoenix.

·
In the wind and Loving it
363 Posts
Pro Street Cycles Richmond VA

John Meade of Pro Street Cycles Richmond VA.
John is a really good guy and knows his stuff. He has a Dynjet 250 and can really dailin the power. :thumbsup:
Anyone in the area should dropping, the whole staff is very friendly and John is always willing to talk with anyone.
I have found his pricing and knowledge way better that must of the other shops in my area.
Check out his website www.prostreetcycles.net .

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I'm very happy with John or Scott at Wabash Valley H-D in Terre Haute, IN.
The Service Dep't in that place has really turned around!

·
Registered
127 Posts
John Brown @ Ukiah Harley Davidson (707) 462 1672. He has a drag racing background and knows how to get every last bit out of a motor.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
As stated earlier Doug in Minn. is my first choice. If in Michigan Sean at American H-D in Ann Arbor is very good. Sean races regularly at Milan Raceway.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
HIPPO said:
Depending where in the PNW, but Greg Coen in OR is good, as is Nick at Custom Performance in Phoenix.
I wouldn't take a moped to Greg Coen. His dyno job on my bike didn't even make the 100 mile ride home before taking a crap so bad it would hardly run at all. I only had stage 1 and a dfo, it was running pretty good when I took it in but had never been dynoed, just alot of tinkering by me. I had to re-tune it myself. Plus he is awfully difficult to deal with.
Had alot of other problems when I took my bike to him, DEFINATELY ONE TO AVOID!
my-2$en#e-

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Konrad at TNT Performance in Nashville.
This hot tip courtesy of Jim Ramey.

·
Registered
48 Posts
matt at fullerton-anaheim hd did my brothers 05 road glide and several friends back their and larry hardy at lifestyle cycles

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
For SoCal,

I have had my bike tuned by three shops. It's an M&M '01 Ultra with 95", .203 cams, SE intake, true duals, and free flowing mufflers. It has always been a bitch to tune, and never ran right. It pinged like a can of bolts. I've been through two TFIs, a PCII, a PCIIIr and finally an SERT.

Gary Bethurem at World Thunder Empire http://www.worldthunderempire.com/worldthunder.html, did the SERT dyno tune with it. The bike runs better than it ever has. Every other place needed the bike for a whole day. Gary did the MAP while I waited and had it done in about three hours. I'd go to him again.

Danny at Glendale HD is pretty good too. He came very close when he tuned the PCIIIr, but my mpgs were poor. He was my first choice to tune the SERT, but he was all booked up. So I went with Gary instead. I'm glad I did, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

Cullen at Bartels HD did an okay job with the PCIIIr. He's a nice guy and all, but I don't think he comes close to Gary and Danny. His tune was so rich my mpgs were horrible.

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Mike Stegman at Latus Motors HD in Gladstone Oregon was recomended to me by someone at the top of the HD performance industry.
Depending on the time of year (racing season) it may be difficult to schedule him.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
adlerx said:
I wouldn't take a moped to Greg Coen. His dyno job on my bike didn't even make the 100 mile ride home before taking a crap so bad it would hardly run at all. I only had stage 1 and a dfo, it was running pretty good when I took it in but had never been dynoed, just alot of tinkering by me. I had to re-tune it myself. Plus he is awfully difficult to deal with.
Had alot of other problems when I took my bike to him, DEFINATELY ONE TO AVOID!
my-2$en#e-

I have no connection with the guy, but in the past some of my customers from WA were referred and dealt with him and they all reported positive results. Sorry about your experience but I stand by my opinion.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Cajun Cycles (H.D. dealership) Lafayette Louisiana
Indian Rick
Note: I can only attest to his abilities with the SERT, but assume he is as thourough with the PCIII

1 - 20 of 258 Posts