V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Pretty much everything up around Rangely, Maine and down to Sebago and across to Saco for that matter.
:)

Evans Notch--Route 113 NH and Maine--brand new pavement and like riding through a green tunnel. If ya haven't--ya gotta.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Then there's The Mohawk Trail running from Williamstown, Mass. to a ways past Greenfield, Mass. When I was a kid in Connecticut that used to be my dads favorite car trip in the fall for leaf peeping. Gosh how I miss him.

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Then there's The Mohawk Trail running from Williamstown, Mass. to a ways past Greenfield, Mass. When I was a kid in Connecticut that used to be my dads favorite car trip in the fall for leaf peeping. Gosh how I miss him.
Rode the Mohawk a few weeks ago..a great ride and flat gorgeous, but we hung a right in North Adams.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
I get up there at least once a year. The Mohawk trail took a beating when Irene had come thru. Parts were shut off for major repair. As you drive thru you can see the new stone work in places.

The Golden Eagle restaurant is conveniently located right in the middle of that wicked radical turn on rt 2. Great views too.

http://www.thegoldeneaglerestaurant.com/index.html

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
I get up there at least once a year. The Mohawk trail took a beating when Irene had come thru. Parts were shut off for major repair. As you drive thru you can see the new stone work in places.

The Golden Eagle restaurant is conveniently located right in the middle of that wicked radical turn on rt 2. Great views too.

That one is quite a corner! Haven't stopped at the restaurant, though.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
That one is quite a corner! Haven't stopped at the restaurant, though.
I live about 1 hour from Greenfield, MA and where I pick up the Mohawk trail. Always stop at the restaurant. Not always to eat but sometimes for pictures if I'm bringing riders who've never been there before. I have eaten there a couple times. Not too expensive. Its not McDonald's but its not 5 star dining either. Its good enough.

Did you seen the sign "Florida"?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
The great Pacific Northwest

Cascade Hwy in WA state, Lolo pass from Lewiston to Montana up the Selway River, Idaho SR 95 from Lewiston over White Pass, The Columbia Gorge, Missoula to Southern Idaho, the on to Utah, North Idaho from Coeurd'Alene to Glacier Park, via Sandpoint, Id, Bonners Ferry, to Libby Mt, then on to Whitefish, Montana, wow, just too many to list and remember, They're all my "top 10". Depends on where you've been and where you're goin'. -2$en#e-

·
Super Moderator
19,319 Posts
PA 30 from west of York out to the Flight 93 memorial is a good ride. Little bit of everything. Old towns a few small modern urban areas, and some places were it's divided highway. But mostly 2 lane county road with some good twisties as it works it's way over the ridges.

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts

Hey Part--we should make it a point to do that roll this season.
We could link up in Brattleboro.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Michigan 119 "Tunnel of Trees" has probably been mentioned but if not I would highly recommend it.Is often listed in many best ride features in magazines,best month would probably be October but really anytime is nice.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Rt 119 from Harbor Springs to Cross Village nice ride along Lk Michigan with lots of small villages. Another nice one is M58 in the Upper Pennisula from Munising to Grand Marais it boasts almost as many curves as the Dragon and beautiful ride along Lk Superior. Only 2 of the great roads of Michigan.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Yellowhead highway 5 B.C. Alberta border, Canada. Duffy lake road betweer Pemberton and Lilloet B.C. Canada. Trans Canada highway Thunder Bay area Northern Ontario. All fine rides. Then there's the Alaska highway from Dawson Creek Mile zero and head west into the wilderness.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
75 Participants
daveh221
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing