V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Hwy 49 from Jamestown thru the backwoods past Angels Camp to Hwy 88 in Jackson then up to Lake Tahoe is one of he most beautiful rides I've seen. Also coming from Virginia City then over Hwy 50 to Lake Tahoe is awesome!!
Those are some incredible rides. Not to mention 120 in to Yosemite via Tioga Pass and up over to Nevada. Spectacular views abound.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I've always wanted to ride Maine, next year we're planning a trip "up North" and I'm thing thats where it'll be.
Ride up the east coast into Maine and out to Acadia National Park in the fall ... it's beautiful.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Without mention of the Beartooth Highway in Montana/Wyoming and the Blue Ridge Parkway, not much of a list . . . .
I would tend to agree, Chief Joseph hwy in Wy is great too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adding on to one of Indy Dog's routes, Route 93 along Flathead Lake and right into Idaho...Rt 93 traces the Salmon River for miles through some amazingly beautiful gorges...there should be a sign at the Idaho border that reads, "Welcome to Idaho, America's Best Kept Scenic Secret"...Glacier was amazing, Beartooth is always incredible as is Chief Joseph...

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about these?

Going to the Sun Road, Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Highway, Dragons Tail, Coronado Trail, Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, The Skyway, Lookout Mountain, Monitor Pass, Yellowstone Park Roads, Scenic 7, Mount Washington Auto Road, Pikes Peak, Mount Evens, Independence Pass, Big Horns 14 and 14A, Mount Hood, Mount Rainier, Mount St Helen's, Yosemite Park, Death Valley from Red Mountain, Spearfish Canyon, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, Mount Zion, Canyon Lands, Monument Valley, The Badlands, Corkscrew Bridge, Rocky Mountain Park.

There are too many great roads to chose ten. I rate most of the above roads higher than the ten roads listed.

Kanamangus is nice scenery as well as the Trace, roads in Maine, PCH, etc. It seems this is the scenic list for motor homes rather than the best motorcycle roads.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I'm riding it "Any Road" is at the top of my list.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Highway 12 from Sioux City, IA to Valentine, NE. It runs under the Missouri, long sweepers, and is totally undeveloped for a few hundred miles. Really a delight in the summer.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
I've ridden a lot of roads in North America and one of the best is rarely mentioned, The Devils Triangle in Tennessee. It's near the old Brushy Mountain State Pen, If I remember correctly it's about an hour north west of Knoxville. If you plan a trip to the Dragon make sure to hit The Devils Triangle. 60 miles of twisties and elevation changes on a desolate little traveled road You won't be sorry.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any part of old Route 66 is a great ride. There are many things to see along the way, but a must see is the Standing on the corner statue with the red flat bed Ford in Winslow, AZ. :shout:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
anywhere in Vermont,,,from long rolling hills and curves to more advanced tight curvy roads, Even I-91 is nice, but here is a few of my favorites

US 5
US 7
Vt 100
Vt 9
and basically everything else in between.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HWY 13 in Middle Tennessee. Start out on Either end, Clarksville or Camden, and work your way through Waverly and Erin. Fun ride and lots of twisties.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Natchez trace is also a good ride. We start on the North end at Loveless café and head south. It kinda gets lame after you get into Alabama, and gets pretty flat and boring into Mississippi, But a stop and camp at Davis Lake MS makes a great trip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Train! I love that black UG limited. That is a beauty!
On another note, they don't have Pikes Peak Road listed on the top ten?! Who doesn't love to take a motorcycle up a 14k mountain with beautiful views?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
75 Participants
daveh221
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing