V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
US1 Florida City to Key West, has been in many magazines and books, as one of the best scenic drives in America, one of the most relaxing beautiful touring roads I've taken. JMO

·
Registered
205 Posts
Any time I hop on and go is a Great Touring Road.
You would be surprised at how many great roads are in your local area.Take a map with you next ride and pick any back road to any where.Bet you find it great most the time and learn more about where you are from.We do this at least once a month in good weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, personally I have no desire to be anywhere East of Denver on anything. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Nevada have all the places I care to ride. One ride that I think is incredible is from Whitewater, Colorado just south of Grand Junction over to Gateway and then down through the red rock canyons to Naturita, Norwood and Telluride. Beautiful ride.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
The fact of the matter is that not all have the opertunity to get to some of the better known roads in the country. Therefore we must find the most enjoyement out of the ones near our castles. FTWFLH forget the map and make a wrong and enjoy. Some of the best roads I have been on have happened that way.
Enjoy any Ride. We are all blessed to be able to experience such freedom.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Really......Awesome post.I like this very much.
Every body like harley davidson bike.
Thanks for sharing this............:)
<a href=" http://www.pricelesspatches.com">Custom patches</a>:)

:):):):)

·
Registered
104 Posts
One of my favorites is the HWY 191! Left out of Flagstaff and headed to Payson then over to Alpine for the night. The ride the next day was awesome from Alpine to Globe. The return trip to Flagstaff was great up the 87 with little to no traffic. My dream trip however is the Tennessee hwy 129 which I hope to hit this fall.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oregon Hwy 199 (The Redwood hwy).
Hwy 101.......just about anywhere in it north of Eureka.

I would have to agree with this, 199 is beautiful outside of Crescent City.

Hwy 101 I would say anywhere north of Legget.

Hwy 299 from 101 to I-5 the entire ride is great.

Hwy 36 is also a beautiful ride.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Blue Ridge Parkway! I must admit I am partial because we are located in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains just off the parkway and this is a route that is not to be missed! Also I would like to add that Route 58 in VA is great also, especially in the spring and fall- ride up to the top of the highest point in VA-Mt. Rogers! Beautiful!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll throw in a few great ones: US 129 (Dragon), Cherahola, Going to the Sun Road Glacier NP in Montana - doesn't get anymore scenic than that, 93/35 loop around Flathead Lake in Montana, TX170 along the Rio Grande, The "Threes" in Texas Hill Country, TX166/TX118 loop west of Ft. Davis, New Mexico 152. There are so many roads to list and most everyone knows of some great roads in their area. That's what I love about everyone throwing them on here. Now, I've got more roads to checkout. Please keep 'em coming.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
Face it... This is a beautiful country with so many interesting places to see that I doubt ANY of us will be able to honestly make a fair attempt at a top ten list. I have ridden most of the West Coast, some large chunks of Nevada and Idaho.. Two routes to Sturgis (one there and a different coming home) and I have to say I have barely scratched the surface on two wheels. Maybe by the time I am 60 I will have scratched the surface. I doubt I will have the time on this planet to see all of the US from the back of my motorcycle. I am going to try... I'd love to take three months off and ride up to Alaska, down through Canada, down in to Michigan then over to New York / Niagra falls, down the East Coast to Florida, then back across the Southern states to get him.. That sounds like a beautiful dream to me.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Hwy 49 from Jamestown thru the backwoods past Angels Camp to Hwy 88 in Jackson then up to Lake Tahoe is one of he most beautiful rides I've seen. Also coming from Virginia City then over Hwy 50 to Lake Tahoe is awesome!!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
If you like curves and beautiful country to boot (Sonoran Desert to high Alpine country) Highway 191 (the old 666 Devil's Hwy) from Clifton, AZ to Alpine, AZ, is hard to beat...makes Dragon's Tail seem tame (I've ridden it)...over 450 curves in apx 95 miles...very little traffic. After overnighting in Alpine, AZ you can head over to Show Low, AZ and either head down Hwy 77 through the Salt River Canyon to Globe, AZ, for more twisties fun, or you can take Hwy 260 through the Mogollon Rim country to Payson, AZ and Hwy 87 down into Phoenix, AZ, for a nice ride through the sweepers, Ponderosa Pines and back to the Sonoran Desert. It's a GREAT ride for those that like outstanding scenery and challenge along the way! I'm treating a buddy from Palm Springs to the ride this weekend...can't wait!

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Without mention of the Beartooth Highway in Montana/Wyoming and the Blue Ridge Parkway, not much of a list . . . .

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I'll have to say that the riding here in the middle of the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks is awesome. Have a bro in Maine and it's georgeous up there too, we just have a longer riding season here in north-central Arkansas. Come see us!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'll have to say that the riding here in the middle of the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks is awesome. Have a bro in Maine and it's georgeous up there too, we just have a longer riding season here in north-central Arkansas. Come see us!
I've always wanted to ride Maine, next year we're planning a trip "up North" and I'm thing thats where it'll be.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I don't know enough about the whole country, but Highway 49, 299 and coastal 1 are absolutely unreal rides out here in California.

Some of these sure look interesting though, it might be time to go one some longer rides.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
75 Participants
daveh221
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing