V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere that top1 oil is a very good oil is this true and is 5-50 ok to put in my 2000 dusce.
please help i bought the oil but can still take it back.
thailand Biker:thanks:

·
Registered
792 Posts
benleee53 said:
I heard somewhere that top1 oil is a very good oil is this true and is 5-50 ok to put in my 2000 dusce.
5-50? no, ya might want to skip that...just a bit on the thin side.
if you dropped the "1" and meant 15W-50, in that case some do regularly (automotive Mobil1, I think), and others do in cooler climates which might make you think twice in Thailand.

and I'm assuming that's a typo for Deuce, correct?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to agree on 5-50 to thin for thailand

yes that was a typo error deuce is the bike model.thanks for the reply but what do you think about the quaity of top 1 oil?

·
Registered
792 Posts
OK, the website shows that while Top Oil does produce a 5W-50 automobile oil, they also offer 15W-50 MC and auto oils. I have no personal experience with Top-1 and it seems to not be mentioned elsewhere in this forum. One comment I have seen a few times is that the 35 point spread between 15 and 50 is a bit extreme but that the 30 points between 20 and 50 (for a 20W-50 oil) is large but OK.

Searching over in BobIsTheOilGuy did get a match (literally: one match). The oil is actually Top-1 and the company is Top Oil Products Company. The bottom line of the discussion was that no one knows yet. One of the few facts was that the "Evolution" syn oil was a PAO (type IV) which is the "truely synthetic" synthetic...

Top Oil appears to be California-based, go here for a news blurb showing Cal Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger and (the arguably anorexic) Maria Shriver...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts