V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My exprience at the dealership wasn't a good one. My dad, mom and me went and seen a nice little Hugger and decided it was the one to get. Well, dad didn't get along with the first salesman so we asked to deal with another. That went well. Dad didn't understand why they charge frieght when Marion don't. Got in long discussion over that. Keep in mind Dad NEVER likes dealing with dealers. (doesn't everybody?) He gives them a hard time either way. Got ready to leave after a couple hours, then found out we left our keys in the car with my dog inside. Not good. We called 3 different lock smiths and one showed up only to see us leaving the parking lot. The wait for the locksmith took a couple hours. Once we got home, we called to ask when the bike would be delivered. They said it would be later on in the day. Time passed and we called only to find out that they didn't have a truck to deliver. So we took my brother in laws truck to pick it up. The best part of the story is this: This bike was bought the nite before from another fella and they forgot to put the sold sticker on it. Very impressive, huh? Never dealt with them again.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motorcycles of Indianapolis and I couldn't drive the bike home, because I've never rode a bike before. I bought it a month before ABATE classes.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I thought most wouldn't sell you a bike if you didn't have some kind of license(or permit at the very minimum). When I bought mine back in Mar. 2001, they made sure I had something to show I was legal to ride a bike. Guess they were covering their behinds.

Now as far as you buying bike out from under someone, if I was that person, I'd be pissed at dealer and raise hell. But like that's going to do any good, right?. Does seem weird that even with no 'sold' sign on it, they didn't have some kind of record in system somewhere in shop that it had been sold.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You don't need to show an endorsement around here (St. Louis), at least to the dealers I've been to. Could be buying it for someone else as a present.

Do you need to show a driver's license to buy a car? Bet not...?

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It is no doubt legal for someone to buy a new Harley without a license but I am questioning the wisdom of buying (or recieving as a gift from one's parents?) a new Harley without ever having riden a motorcycle.

I could understand a dealer asking for an endorsement just for liability puposes if they are going to let you ride it off the lot.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Listen to this one....

dealer has bike...:D ...waited one day to really decide...called next day bike sold :( . . . told dealer I would have to put money back in the bank and wait till I find another :p dealer said:You got Money in Hand;) said yes...:rolleyes: he said it yours:D

said OK..bye bye!:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
A few years ago it became a law in Kal-e-forn-I-A that you had to had a motorcycle license before the dealer could sell ya' a bike. Reason: a few people got killed. That's actually a pretty good reason.

While I believe California has too many laws, this one is probably a good idea.

thanks for sharing your story, ftby24.

·
Registered
414 Posts
This isn't about a new bike this is about one that a friend of mine actually owned.
Took in his Polaris Sport for the one month check/tune up on Friday. Went back the next day to pick up like they told him too. Couldn't find his quad. 'oh yeah, Billy Bob already picked it up', says one of the geeks. They left msgs. on his phone at home and couldn't get hold of him. When Billybob finally brought the quad back on Tuesday it had been throughly thrashed. rolled twice, bent headlight assy. broken back fender, bent and scratched rims.
My friend was so pissed that before he could call the attorney general they had offered to replace all the damage that had been done. You can only guess what he said. Long story short - he got a brand new quad from them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well ya said it was a quad and we don,t sellem or fixem so it is not my house. Customer service is #1 where i work and we have one of the gold bar and shild award to show it and we will get that award nexed year too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts