V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a Harley owner for a couple weeks. I've been taking short trips cruising around town in local traffic mostly, riding in 45 degree weather when able. Finally today, 57 degrees and sunny.

My brother owns a 2002 Indian Chief and we hit the scenic winding roads of rural Kentucky, down by the river to an old General store in Rabbithash, Ky which was established in 1831. An old General store with wooden floors and a couple old dogs on the porch. From there we continued down the windy river roads to Big Bone state park for a second pit-stop to admire the bikes, made another stop for a Prime rib sandwich at a local pub and grill and then back home.

In total about a 60 mile ride. There wasn't a car on the road, winding twisting scenic roads with the tree's bursting with color.

I hate to sound like such a new rider but my God, what an inviggerating experience!

I cannot imagine exploring the Scenic Kentucky by-ways this summer in 80 degrees, a clean white t-shirt, my favorite shades and my Heritage Springer between my legs!

God, I'm 37 and never lived.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Hi HeritageSprings, I am 44 and this will be my first Harley:cool: I have alot of living to catch up on, if you know what I mean;) I hate to sound like a broken record here but i'm going to ride the pi$$ out of "ours" I can't wate till next summer, a little food, some friends, a little drink and a whole he.ll of alot of riding:cool:

·
963 Posts
I know what you mean. I went through 3 bikes this summer before I finally got what I wanted all along, a duece. I was trying to make do with a *** bike due to $$. We had such a great time even on those bikes I knew the Harley would be our best investment. I was right! Now I just wish I hadn't waited so long to take the plunge, I could have put those few thousand miles on my hog. Oh well spring will be here in no time flat. I knew what I wanted all along. I lost several thousand dollars trying to save some $$, I should have bought the Harley in the first place.LOL Live and learn. Live for today, because we are not promised tommorow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
HeritageSprings - damn it!!!- I was just begining to get control of my own anticipation, and then you go post this!! My H. Springer arrrives end March 2003 (gonna be a looonnnggggg winter).

Gongrats on the bike and enjoy to the full.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey Heritage, the only thing you will want to change will be the white shirt. 1 day in a white shirt and you will switch to black. :)

·
old timer
516 Posts
I've been riding 32+ years...these two are my 19th and 20th bikes respectively. Never lost the thrill...every time is better than the ride before.

Enjoy !

manny

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Congrats, welcome, and ride safe. You don't have to go to a black shirt, there are many colors in between black and white.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ain't it cool? I live in the Hill Country of Texas and have enjoyed many thousands of miles of drop dead beautiful scenery. And all the other posts are right, it never gets old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts