V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I guess this is an unusual request. My CSC trike (07 Ultra Classic) with a 103 build out of the SE catalog, 255 cams, 103+ heads, flattops, stock TB, with V & H true duals into CSC tail pipes and mufflers is way too loud for long rides. The CSC mufflers (supposedly built by Supertrapp) use the discs to adjust sound. These are short mufflers, 3 inch diameter, and about 12 inches long. If I remove 1 or 2 discs there is very little noticible difference in sound, if I remove 3 (it only has 12) it is about where I would like it to be, BUT, it absolutely kills the power and creates so much backpressure that I get header leaks and actually blew the whole inner core and discs out of one muffler. Because they have to fit in the available space under the rear "A" frames (its independent suspension) I only have room for a 3" muffler about 16" long. Does anyone have any ideas? CSC isn't any help, they say you'll get used to it! BTW I used the V & H true duels as recommended by DTT, I'm using their box with the Wego.
Thanks,
Dwight

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hard to say for sure, recently California Side Car is only buying disc from SuperTrapp, making their own muffler bodies. If you take the discs out, is there any type of 'core' or 'packing'?
You might take a look at the SuperTrapp website at universals there may be some options there or call them.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there is a core baffle that is wrapped in fiberglass. I repacked both mufflers and that helped some. I'll look at the Suppertrap site and see what they have.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think those Goldwing trikes are pretty quiet. :sofa:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep,
The Gold Wing trikes are quiet! I sold my Wing/Trike earlier this year because I wanted a Harley. I don't want it to be as quiet as the Honda, but I sure would like to quiet it down some. It gets kinda tiresome on long rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts