V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, maybe I'm just to f--cking anal but.... Installed a new set of Progressive 413's on my Deuce (ride height adjustable) lowered 1 1/2 inches and looks so much better! Very easy job, however once you set the desired height, you are supposed to tighten the non-flanged nuts to factory torque specifications. But for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell they expect you to get a torque wrench on the things. I have a set of crows feet, several extensions, etc... and there is just no way to get at the damn things. What the hell am I missing?
I've tightened it by hand to what I think is a reasonable tightness, but my forearm is certainly no torque gage, and I'm always concerned about stripping threads. Am I just too damn anal? Any help, suggestions and/or insights would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't answer your question about being anal:):) But I have a question. How does she ride with the 413's? Better, the same, can't tell? I seem to think that they are tight enough without the torque wrench. But that's just me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think they ride exceptionally well considering the bike is lowered 1 1/2 inches - I was pleasantly surprised. I'm 210lbs, so I had to crank up the preload. Obviously gonna lose some suspension travel with it being lowered. However, the very minor loss in ride quality is well worth the large improvement in looks on the Deuce IMO. Wouldn't want to lower that much without the progressives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts