V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had written to a guy on ebay about a TomTom Rider GPS that he had listed at an opening bid of $350. I asked about the condition of the unit and the packaging.

His email address is <[email protected]>

His reply was;

I am willing to sell the unit for $600. At this time I am located in Romania and I can only take the payment through Western Union money transfer. I will ship within 24 hours from the payment using the UPS Air Services so that you may receive the unit in less then 72 hours. For our protection we will do this deal trough ebay and our transaction will be supervised by ebay safe harbour team. You will be 100% protected against description error and fraud. I never make any deal outside ebay.
It is brand new, sealed in box, equipped with all accessories and 1 year international warranty provided by factory. You will not pay any custom taxes because I will ship to you as GIFT and i will pay the shipping and handling fees. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank You

Waiting your reply...

In the original listing he said he was in the USA. Now he is in Romania.

Something doesn't look right if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
wkohn said:
I am willing to sell the unit for $600. At this time I am located in Romania and I can only take the payment through Western Union money transfer.
2 years salary in Romania. :huh: :huh:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Anyone on Ebay asking for WU payments is scamming people. You will see those kinds of people who have gained access to someone elses account with a lot of feedback put in the auction description, "Don't send a message through eBay as I may not get the message. Send me an email at [email protected]". Those people ask for Western Union.

Just report the auction to ebay and they will remove it.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did report it right away. But now the rest of the story. Right after I emailed the person and they read the email. They removed the listing from Ebay. They are very slick.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Hey Bill,

Costco on Haggertybetween 7 and 8 Mile has self-contained automotive, GPS units on sale. Didn't catch the price or details - like whether or not it's water proof, but they were Magellan units and looked pretty good. FYI.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Or just buy a proven motorcycle GPS and get a Garmin 2610. Not sure why people think Tom Tom is such a good unit - guess they have catchy marketing. They've yet to prove themselves in the GPS market. I'll stick with the company that started the GPS market for public use.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thatoldbike said:
Or just buy a proven motorcycle GPS and get a Garmin 2610. Not sure why people think Tom Tom is such a good unit - guess they have catchy marketing. They've yet to prove themselves in the GPS market. I'll stick with the company that started the GPS market for public use.
Since they were the first then they must always be the best.

So with that logic why aren't you riding one of these?

The first USA production motorcycle (1898) was the Orient-Aster, built by the Metz Company in Waltham, Massachusetts.

It used an Aster engine which was a French-built copy of the DeDion-Buton. It predated the Indian (1901) by three years, and Harley-Davidson (1902) by four.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Thought Magellan was first?? Doesn't matter to me any way. I don't get lost too often and just stop for directions when I do... rather save my money for more chrome... and some sunscreen for the reflection from what's on there now!:whistle:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi all,

Next time to save you the worry just send me the money and I'll hold it for you! Oh and I have a brand new RK I'll let go for $600 cash, hee hee.

Kevin

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cowboy_bc said:
Hi all,

Next time to save you the worry just send me the money and I'll hold it for you! Oh and I have a brand new RK I'll let go for $600 cash, hee hee.

Kevin
Kevin,

We don't need any more scams. We have enough of those on Ebay. :laugh:

Bill

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
my ebay account is always a target for hackers. i get pisssed off each time it's down and i have to find another password. so far these scammers have listed using my name and i know that because i haven't used my account for a year or two. i get emails from some poor guy who "won" a $500 pepboys voucher from me and wonders wtf i am doing not sending it to him. these horse rustlers should be strung up ...

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DelcoDyna said:
As an aside....Best current price on a Rider is from TigerGPS.com $769.99
I saw it for $754.99 from some other on-line store.

·
Registered
162 Posts
wtf ever happened to just riding, if you get "missorentated" it was okay because you got to ride longer? heck, learn ta read a dang map if you need to be somewhere. only thing is, if I'm on Baby, I don't "need" to be anywhere...

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maduro Man_wcp said:
wtf ever happened to just riding, if you get "missorentated" it was okay because you got to ride longer? heck, learn ta read a dang map if you need to be somewhere. only thing is, if I'm on Baby, I don't "need" to be anywhere...
Well some of us use or bike to make sales calls and don't have the time to get disorientated. When I go into an area and have to make 10 to 15 visits in 8 hours I can't waste time. The GPS will help me to do that easier. Hence more sales, which means more commissions, which means more money for fun parts on the bike.

When I'm on it for fun I could careless if I get disorientated.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Maduro Man_wcp said:
I guess you ride without a windshield too.

Nothing wrong with just riding. What do you care if someone chooses to have a GPS with them. Until you try one, don't knock it. I guess you're just too much of a purist, huh. Sheesh.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thatoldbike said:
I guess you ride without a windshield too.

Nothing wrong with just riding. What do you care if someone chooses to have a GPS with them. Until you try one, don't knock it. I guess you're just too much of a purist, huh. Sheesh.
Purist ? More like he is full of *TIBS*

Bet he rides a Suzuki.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts