V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, first post here, been reading for a while, pretty cool it seems.

Anyway, I want to add a tombstone taillight to my 02 Fatboy, not problem. But I want a specific combination. I would like a tombstone with turnsignals, LED array, and a clear lens. Now, I can find the tombstone, although the Doss wide is the only one I found that specifically fits 02 softies, I can find an LED array already in a taillight (although is not listed to fit 02 Fatboys) or seperately (but not sure what it fits in) and a clear lens for that. And I cannot seem to find the tombstone with signals anywhere, although I know it is made. So I am not sure what combination to use. I can figure it out with some phone calls and a lot of trial and error. But I thought I would see if anyone has already attempted this combination. Any advice would be appreciated.

Malachi

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hey, post us a picture when you get that damn thing. Sounds Sweet!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hey ferret,
You're one up.
Where did you find a Doss wide tombstone that fits '02 FB?
The closest I've come is up to a '99....
??
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J&P's 2002 catalog has them on pg. 188, item number 46-409. Fits 99-02 except flsts and those with bobtail/fatbob fenders. My question is what changed in 99? I wonder if I can make a tombstone for '98' fit my '02. If nothing else, I 'think' I can put an LED array in the Doss Wide, which I think looks the sweetest anway, But by time I add everything, you are talking over $300 in a taillight, but then again, noone else would have it :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info on Radiantz, they must have expanded their line in the last 6 months or so, I could make use of several of their things, like sheets of prismatic lens material. Thanks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thanx...
I'm going to order the wide Doss.
Direct Parts has it for $101 and change.
I had previously checked with Dennis Kirk and they didn't have it to fit the 02 FB, so I guess I didn't try hard enough...

Chops down South

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.