V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cabo Wabo '06
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm putting a tombstone tail light assembly on an "01 Dyna with a new tail dragger fender. I can get the light to stay on, but need info on how to wire in the actual brake. With the wires I have (turn signals ready), I can't get the brake light on. What wire goes to what on the tail light? Ideas?

Thanks

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Go to Walmart or any hardware store and buy a test light. Test light is a probe, there is a needle on one end, a light and a ground wire. Clamp the ground wire to any bare metal that attaches to the frame (axle nuts are good for this), stick the probe into one of the wires running off the bike, then press on the brake. If the test light lites up, you've found your brake wire. Go through all the wires until you get everything hooked up.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
black=ground
red with yellow strip= brake light
blue=tail light

·
Cabo Wabo '06
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tail light

Thanks everyone. I can't believe what I do sometimes. When I saw the red and black wires on the tail light I automatiically thought.......black ground, red hot. True, but not entirely. Then I remembered the chasy is ground and the black is for the brake light (or other way aroound). It's not a ground. Ok. Sum it up-thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts