V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going this year? Last few years the weather has been great, but bring warm clothing as it can get very cool after dusk. Throw a buck or two in the MDA raffle...you may even win a new HD. A few events start on Weds/Thursday but it really gets going with the Thunder Parade and street party on Friday evening. !drunk! Of course we're only drinking soda when riding scooters!?!

www.traveltomahawk.com/fallride/index.php
www.tomahawkfallride.com

First link is official site which details what is happening in Tomahawk; includes street party/bands on Fri/Saturday nights, Harley factory tours, 2008 HD demo rides, etc. Second link is to the largest event outside of town: Bubba's Big Party, campsite, more concerts, etc. If you want to go to Bubba's Party for free, its only on Saturday until 4PM. Check out the lawnmower & barstool racing on Saturday afternoon...very entertaining last year!

Probably also going to the cycle races at re-opened Tomahawk Speedway.

If anyone wants to meet some other riders from this site, send me a message and my place could act as a meeting point. I'm staying on Lake Nokomis about 2 miles from Bubba's Party and 8 miles north of Tomahawk.

Dan​

·
Registered
10 Posts
I only live 40 miles from Tomahawk and it is supposed to only be in the 50's Friday and down to freezing on Saturday morning.
If you come bring warm clothes.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
This is my first year going to the rally there and probably the reason its gonna be so cold. Staying in Minoqua so it may be a bit chilly on the ride back at night. Heading up early Thursday and looks to be the nicest day of the weekend.

·
Noch ein bier, bitte
1,537 Posts
The Tomahawk Fall Ride was fantastic except for a little cold and wet weather on Friday. The ride back to northern Michigan on Sunday was just perfect weather-wise.

Thanks to the Tomahawk folks for putting up with the noise and influx of people for the event. I'm sure it tested some of the resident's patience.

Fantastic event!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Was a blast! I'll take the blame for the weather as I was a Tomahawk virgin till this weekend. Figures, get home and we have 80 degree weather all week. I am definately making this a yearly trip. Didn't make it to Bubba's big party but Saturday night in town was plenty of fun as were the bars in Minocqua where we stayed for the weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just rolling back into Illinois today. Spent a few more days near Tomahawk riding in the warmer weather that blew in on Sunday. One member of our group ended up spending a few days in the local hospital...not for an accident...he suffered a major intestinal ailment...I think a few too many 32 ounce Linenkugels. I "offered" to remain behind and bring him home later...so I got to ride in the northwoods for 2.5 more days!

It was a cool on Friday night and actually quite nippy on Saturday morning...24 degrees at Rhinelander "International" Airport...which is approx 15+ miles from Nokomis and Tomahawk.

Friday night Thunder Parade was very short...maybe 1000 riders. But the downtown area was already semi-full with bikers who did not want to do the parade due to the weather. I was there on Friday and Saturday night...you probably saw me...I was wearing a black leather jacket!?! ?prty:

Saturday's lawnmower and barstool races were hilarious. Must have been a few thousand bikers cheering for this one overly-animated guy on a bright orange CubCadet with matching orange clothes & helmet. Everytime they stopped a race for an accident he would pound his helmet in his steering wheel, make wild hand gestures while talking to himself, etc. During one red flag for an accident in the finals he stopped over by the pits and chugged a beer before lining up for the restart...just to calm down. He took third place and promised to be back next year.

Demo'ed the CVO Springer and the CVO Ultra on Sunday morning...lines were very short on Sunday maybe due to HD adding a fourth demo day on the prior Thursday. Both CVOs were nice, but that CVO Springer was an especially sweet ride for a softtail...I want one in orange...anyone got a acouple spare $10,000 bills?!?​

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts