V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the threat of rain moving in tonight and staying through Saturday, I figured on enjoying my day off on two wheels. I wasn't disappointed! (duh!):huh: Anyway, I set off from Dublin and headed west to Los Altos to meet my mom for lunch and then headed into the hills. Arastadero to Page Mill, crossed Skyline onto Alpine Rd, then Pescadero Rd to the coast. All of these roads are tight and twisty, leading you through redwood forests and along ridgelines with views of the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. I then headed north on the PCH and rolled through Half Moon Bay up to Pillar Point. Had a smoke break next to the harbor and then headed back east via Hwy 92. The weather although not toasty warm, was warm enough to be comfortable without even the hint of getting cold. There were quite a few soggy patches of road going through the Redwoods, but that's to be expected this time of year. The wind was blowing a little bit on the coast, but the sun was out and good times were had by all! Concluded the ride at Tully's in downtown Pleasanton for some java. Life is good!!drunk!

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
That storm is supposed to be here tomorrow. If I doesn't, I hope to do at least a hundred miler in honor of MLK.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
weather.com said it would start raining this afternoon so I drove my truck in to work today... Grrrrr... It was dry as a bone all day... Thats the third time this "rain season", oops I mean winter, they've been wrong. Two of those times saying it wasn't going to rain, when it did... Grrrrr...

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
adlerx said:
You guys make me sick!!
Well, we're getting an installment this morning on our 6" annual rainfall. The bright side for you adlerx, (as you well know) is that you live in a beautiful green place, and we live in a hot brown one.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
fourstar said:
Well, we're getting an installment this morning on our 6" annual rainfall. The bright side for you adlerx, (as you well know) is that you live in a beautiful green place, and we live in a hot brown one.
now that reads funny. :thumbsup:

it's actually kinda green most of the time and not too hot here in the Bay Area... and yep, today it's raining... oh yeah, I just picked up my FXRG pants, but still no tires. :(

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Rain on the weekends kinda forces me to actually get something done instead of going out riding, which is what I ussually do... Things like laundry, food shopping, clean the house, pay bills etc... You know, the less important stuff...

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
fourstar said:
I was in a hot brown place last night, you know, when the river runs red, take the dirt road....
but I think that's for another forum.......

Oh yeah, just came back from a 50 mile ride on pretty dry roads on my new build....
:woohoo: :woohoo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts