V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question, I am almost positive that I am going to order a Sundowner for my 2001 Wide Glide2 (with the tan Ostrige seat that came with the bike from Harley)and I want to keep the tan color. Can it be ordered in colors? If not, is it an "easy" job for an experienced interior shop?

OR........... Should I order a Corbin in tan. Mustangs are only in black.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Order the Corbin..I have a sundowner and don't like it for long rides; dual ass pain. I am going to go with a Corbin dual tourer in the spring. The Corbin looks much better as well.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To Corbin or Not to Corbin

Thanks GlennM. Believe it or not, I was on the Corbin website last night (a LONG time) and have decided to get the Dual Touring (in Tan) with backrests. Lots of $$$$ but my wife will like it. :D :D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
What do you ride Glenn?

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The International Motorcycle Show is in town (Atlanta) this weekend and Corbin will be there. I called them and they said there's an "instant" 10% Off Show Special price on seats ordered there. I'll let you know what happens. I hope a Dual Touring is in my future !

·
Registered
684 Posts
jwchastain said:
The International Motorcycle Show is in town (Atlanta) this weekend and Corbin will be there. I called them and they said there's an "instant" 10% Off Show Special price on seats ordered there. I'll let you know what happens. I hope a Dual Touring is in my future !
J&P Cycles will be there too. They're offering 10% off of everything, plus free shipping.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I did it! Corbin was at the International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta this weekend and I ordered a Dual Tourer and one backrest in the Buckskin color with the flame stitching. ($734.00 - WOW! But, everyone says it's worth it!) Should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it is.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
jw...i ordered a corbin solo w/ back rest and passenger seat. I also got the flame stitch and it turned out great! The stitching was also done on the backrest which turned out to be a nice touch. I ordered the seat on Dec.30 and it was @ my front door yesterday. Other dealers told me that it would take about 3 months to get a corbin seat. Wrong, 21 days was the waiting time.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've read that the seat feels "hard" at first and then it comforms to your "butt print" and then it feels great? Have you found that to be true?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I currently have a sundowner on my deuce and I am looking at what to replace it with a Corbin, Mustang or a Danny Gray. It is a very soft seat in comparison to the Corbin. Harder = Better. See my post Here

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
OK thanks Glenn. I ride an Electra Glide and have a Corbin which my wife can't ride. I've been thinking of the Sundowner for riding 2 up, you had me worried! I think other threads are split on the Sundowned for a FLH.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For shorter trips it is fine, but for those 500+ per day trips, ouch. I have heard that for the long haul, firmer the better. I usually drop the backrest and put on the stock seat for solo riding. The sundowner is pretty big.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
The Corbin is nice and firm and I've done 700+/day with both the ones I've owned. Corbin moved the rider back 1-2 inches which took space from the OL. They tried to make up for it by not putting very much padding in the backrest which now hurts her when we hit a bump. The trunck lid gave her a bruise! As you know, if Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!
I was going to send the seat back and have Corbin move me forward but decided I liked the stretch too much so I'll buy something else for 2-up riding. I looked at the Sundowner and as you say the seat is pretty big and it looks like the OL will have plenty of room.
Thought I was doing the right thing getting another Corbin, we both loved the one on the Dyna. Live and learn.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The Corbin is HERE!

UPS just delivered my Dual Tour with Flame stitching for my 2001 Wide Glide 2.

I was PLEASENTLY surprised with the color (buckskin). It was a little more tan than I thought it was going to be, but it is closer to what I really wanted. (I almost oredered the Tan one, but it may have been too light!)

Now if it will just stop raining so I can try it out with the misses! (The only reason I bought it!) The rear of the stock seat was like butt floss, and she wasn't going to go for that!

Picture below (of the seat, not her butt!) :D

(P.S. I blacked out the background so you wouldn't have to see my filthy garage! Some of your garages are like palaces!)

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered it from the Corbin booth at the International Motorcycle Show held in Atlanta (01/18/2003) and it was shipped exactly 30 days later.

It's a beautiful seat!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts