V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I found moving out to the country, on a dirt road really reduced my contact with police, lol. They tend to have a skeleton department that shuts down at like 9-10pm.

That's just it I live out in the country big time, but in order to do any sort of shopping or go to work I have to go to the nearest little town. This is the only city I've ever got into any trouble in my life, it's almost like they have 1 cop for every 5 people. Literally you can't go into town without seeing them. I think I'd be safer in a bigger city where cops actually have things to do besides watching someone making an 'illegal turn' out of burger king, still don't know what was illegal about it.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I found moving out to the country, on a dirt road really reduced my contact with police, lol. They tend to have a skeleton department that shuts down at like 9-10pm.
That I get Part, reminds me of a tune that just mellows me out.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Time to buy a moped with snow tires. Get a snowmobile suit to ward off the cold. It is a shame you didn't have a cc permit as it is so easy in NC. Seventy five bucks and 3 nights of instruction then walk out with the cc permit.

A town with a cop on every corner is a good town to live in. Apparently the citizens want the criminal element to operate at another town not theirs. A cop has to have a valid reason to pull a vehicle over and an illegal u turn was his reason to pull you over.

There are 2 towns that I frequent. One is larger than the other. In the smaller one no cop is radar certified. So all your lights better work when going to Tabor City. License plate light, tail lights etc. I once did a dumbass move at an intersection passing a slow vehicle. I saw the cop come after me. I pulled into the Food Lion parking lot got off the bike and started rubbing my leg like I had a cramp. The cop was the chief and so he sympathized with me, because he had a bike. No sooner than I started rubbing my leg a cramp did well up. Hurt like hell, but I didn't get a ticket.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have a permit to own and open carry a handgun, but it's not a conceal and carry permit, meaning if I am approached or stopped by law enforcement my gun must be in full view, on the dashboard for example. I had the gun in my waistband, and like I said, the cop was at my door so fast I didn't want to go digging around for it just to show him and get my ass shot off so I just told him where it was. Hense the charge, it was concealed.
Totally sucks. Get a good lawyer. Have a friend that got busted for smuggling pot on a conspiracy charge by the Feds and beat it. Apparently Feds are able to re-try if they don't like the results. He beat it again. Took all his money and years but he's free.

Well I would say if anyone else is ever in a similar situation that you get the firearm into view as soon as lights go on and before stopping.

Yeah agree, everyone should try to end up on one eventually.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Which is all the more reason to have a "well stocked" gun safe...

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I have a 380 on the coffee table and a double barrel in the bedroom use to have a rifle in the bathroom for shooting out the window at deer in the yard, but I don't do that anymore.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
FWIW, research similar cases and outcomes. See what lawyers won, which judges, what outcomes. Enter names in Google news and se what comes up. You're looking to figure who knows who, what their relationships might be. Hire the best lawyer you can find who knows the players and influencers. A connected, experienced lawyer who is known and respected in the area re cases like yours will be able to do you the most good. Don't choose a lawyer based on what you think you can afford. Get the best you can even if you don't know how you'll repay. JMHO&E.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The Grim Reapers MC just got busted here in town, 17 people, bunch of meth, weed, guns, and money.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
That's the club that I mentioned it was sad to see that time on the news last year. Those dudes did not look like the dudes I saw back in the early 80's

I'm not saying I'm a fan of them just saying what meth does to anyone

·
Registered
814 Posts
I knew a couple of guys back in the 80s but I lost touch with them. That club has been around for 40+ years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I've mention 2 of them on here in topics but never their names. Now I'm trying to remember their first names but, I believe his name was Darrin that lived off or behind Elliot street back in 82 or 83. He had his scoot and I watched him all the time working on that beast to me. He'd get it out and kick and kick, never saw him cuss it, but 20 minutes of kicking and he'd take it back in the garage, sometimes it fire up and off he go. He had a huge log chain wrapped in a way around his highway Bar/pegs and I remember a ping hammer hanging in beside the engine some how. The dude was cool with me and would talk to me at times while he was outside, always was a mellow guy. I really never saw him in a cut but saw MC Reaper cuts visiting a few times. They were younger than him.

The other was Terry I believe and met him around the same years also only thru 2 teenage girls on a moped cut him off and he was pissed as hell on the side of the road. He skidded to a stop when this happen up against the curb, I rode my bicycle up to him and asked if he was alright, he laughed at that oddly and said appreciate that brother and nice bike you got, hell saying brother and commenting on my Schwinn predator chromo put this 12 year old on cloud 9, I was ;like hey you want to know where these girls live? and off I went leading this MC 1% Reaper behind me, peddling my a$$ off to the destination lol Now that whole summer you talk about cool moments out playing in the streets with friends and Terry would ride by holler and piece sign me and a couple times he pulled up and asked how it was going with me, lol yea that was bad a$$ to a 12 year old.

Those guys in that news feed did not look like the guys I remembered. Honestly as weird as it sounds, The ones I remember had looks you could trust or count on, what was in the news looked no different from Live PD meth heads up to no good.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts