V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to wait until next year to turn my 06 ultra over to a 95". as it sits now, it's pretty stock with vance and hines exhuast and k&n filter. what could you recommend for a mid range lift that would add a little snap, hmmmm?

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
bc_hombre said:
wanting to wait until next year to turn my 06 ultra over to a 95". as it sits now, it's pretty stock with vance and hines exhuast and k&n filter. what could you recommend for a mid range lift that would add a little snap, hmmmm?
Andrews 26G

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
bc -

You might spend some time thinking about where you want your power and how much you want to spend. 26s always seems to work well, and there are a number of others -- like the Andrews 37 and 44, Woods tw6, S&S 510 and more that many members have used in builds with good results.

A search might help you figure out exactly what kind of power you're really looking for and give you an idea of your options and cost. You'll want to consider head work too and doing it all at once is the most cost-efficient way to go.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, gonna wait till april to do the head work and inch it out. just dropped $38 canadian on it plus a house purchase since returning from mex. not ready for the work gig yet and camming it seems within the realm. but thanks for the suggestion. so where would i feel the pull with the 26s? i was looking for more of the line.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
The 26's are a low RPM cam, you will feel it off idle very well. The next cam up, the 37 is good for low power as well plus upper RPM if you plan on doing any other mods down the road. Do a search on both and you will come up with plenty to read.

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
With your Ultra the TW26A or G may be the last cam you ever want. Works better than stock with 88 and great for a bagger at 95.

Only builds I've seen with higher torque under 3000 rpm are a 98 with a Andrews TW37 or a 95 with a Woods TW5G (ouch, premium Woods pricing and you have to add roller rockers and high lift springs and ...).

Added Excel chart of relevant curves.

·
Registered
465 Posts
genoway said:
With your Ultra the TW26A or G may be the last cam you ever want. Works better than stock with 88 and great for a bagger at 95.

Only builds I've seen with higher torque under 3000 rpm are a 98 with a Andrews TW37 or a 95 with a Woods TW5G (ouch, premium Woods pricing and you have to add roller rockers and high lift springs and ...).

Added Excel chart of relevant curves.

Word that, my brutha. I put a W6H in my Evo and I guess I don't regret it now that the money is spent and forgotten. But DAMN! Roller rockers, adj rods, premium springs, zippers tool to clearance cam chest, clearancing of tappet blocks...that adds up. I think if I'd have foregone the "H" I'd have saved a ton, but now I can belittle guys with bolt in cams so it's worth it. Your second stone hasn't dropped if you didn't hog metal out of your cam chest to make room. Check with Bob Wood but I think his .500 lift cams are OK with stock valvetrain. And going to 95" will inherently raise your CR to help that cam work. I don't think the W6 is the recommended medicine for a bagger, though.

Chilly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts