V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Thunder Header slipons, Lots of low end power but fuel milage went out the window, cant find a map to match up. Only have a Red Shift 557, True Duals, HP Air Cleaner, and now Thunder Header Slip Ons Took of SE Touring mufflers Went 218 miles yesterday and took on 18.2 liters of fuel Not good almost was out walking The map I now have is HBRSIGSIE which was loaded by Thunder Max in Rapid City during Sturgis Geuss maybe I should have left the old pipes on.

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
What type bike and what size motor? There are a lot of maps available for the Red Shift 557 cam. I don't see the map you mentioned as available in the software anymore.

I don't know what type of mileage you were getting before, but I'd be happy as a clam with what you're getting. 18.2 liters after 218 miles translates to 45.4 mpg. Can't ask for much better than that.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that I meant 218 KM which is 135 miles in english, we are on the metric system up here.
Its a 2005 Ultra stock 88 except for the 557 cam and true duals and breather

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
fatboy369 said:
Sorry about that I meant 218 KM which is 135 miles in english, we are on the metric system up here.
Its a 2005 Ultra stock 88 except for the 557 cam and true duals and breather
Ah, that's not so good. I wondered about the miles and liters. That translates to more like 28 mpg.

I don't see any maps for the stock 88 motor using the Red Shift 557, maybe have to try one of the 95cu.in maps. Maybe either map # 280 or 281 depending on whether you have 8 deg or 25 deg injectors. Those two maps are setup for stock heads, Red Shift 557, True Duals (Rineharts), and high flow aircleaner.

Your best bet might be to call Zipper's and ask their recommendation. Even if you didn't buy the Thundermax from them, they'll still help you out.

Edit: Or, if the bike is running okay and was running well before, maybe just run it for a couple more tanks and see if the autotune will compensate and bring your mileage back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts