V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that winter is approaching here in Michigan I am deciding what exhaust I want for my 2007 XL 883. I am planning on a new air filter and a power commander. In a couple years I expect to do the 1200 upgrade and would like to continue to use the same exhaust. I have forward controls which eliminates 1 or 2 of the options.

I'm considering:

Cobra Speedsters
D&D 2-1 Fat Cat
Supertrapp Kerker 2-1 Supermeg

I'd like and expect to be louder than stock. But I don't want to be as loud as my buddy's 06 Softtail with V&H Longshots. Being new at all of this, I have no idea how these pipes compare in either performance or loudness.

I live a bit out in the country and spend most of my time just cruising solo at 55 - 65 mph.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I have the Fat Cats on my '03 FXD and love 'em. They are quieter than the RB Racing LSR 2-1's I had. The Fat Cats are quite a bit heavier than the RB's but sound deeper, in fact, the deepest sounding pipe I've had. (Python3's, Rinehart staggered duals and RB Racing)

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
The Thunderheader works and sounds good on a sportster. It can be loud on a big bike, but the sportsters sounded nice and I'm touchy about how loud pipes are. It will move up to the 1200 mod nicely also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts