V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 99 super glide is ready for it's secound set of tires. i run them about 10,000 miles or a little more, i installed oem dunlaps last time. let me ask you are they the best to stay with, or is there a better tire for the same money. as i said before i ride double all the time. and i must say cost is some what of a factor.so let me know your thoughts.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
slamin sammy said:
MY 99 super glide is ready for it's secound set of tires.
S-Sammy, I am sure that tire preference is as varied as bike syyle preference. When I picked up my bike I wanted a 150 rear and the only Dunlop available was a K591. It only came in a sport compound in that size. I only got 7K miles out of it but didn't run it down to nothing. I had read about the Metzler 880s so I went with them for the rear and the front at 14K when the Dunlop was looking ragged. I already have 10K on the rear with a lot of tread left. These 880s seem to have plenty of traction (wet or dry) and are for heavier bikes. Actually a touring tire. I'm not one to run tires until they are slick so a little longer wearing tire is what I was looking for. The Avon super venoms looked interesting though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I only use OEM Dunlop tires on my bike. I'm very happy with the way they stick on wet roads. I too don't let them get slick before I change them out. Never had another brand, so guess you could say I'm sticking with what I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts