V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2009 night train and Im gonna be needin new rubber soon. I ride hard, way to hard for those oem dunlops that came on my bike. Im looking to replace and wanna know what is the hardest hookin tires out there, i hate wheelspin and wanna know what u all have found to hook up like bubblegum on a shoe. Lemme know..

Thanks,
Loosey goosey

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops, sorry goes out to the admins for me putting this in the wrong forum... sure would like a quick suggestion on some hookin tires. i wanna know from riders not just dealers tryin to sell me something. I'm looking for a tire that will make that front end go up instead of the rear breaking loose on me...

·
Registered
298 Posts
pirelli night dragons

I cannot speak for the Avon Venom X's, but I can say, I am very happy with my new Pirelli Nightdragons. I ride hard and have noticed they have very good traction.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Whatever tire you decide on, I'd buy it from www.rhinotire.com. They can put a coating within the tire to keep it from deflating after a puncture. Their prices are good too.

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tires

I have 18" Wheels with Avon Venom 140/70 0n the front and 150/70 on the rear of a 05 RoadKing and have about 7000 on the rear so I need to replace it soon .I have done some reading on the Pirelli Nightdragons and I am going to give them a try .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another vote for the Venom X tires. Best tire I've tried.
Besides having great grip they have a round profile that makes
cornering a smooth experience. So many tire like dunlop 401/402 have
a square profile that I hate.

Last time I tried Continental, what a mistake...

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I have Metzler 880 tires on my bike. They have good traction and long tread life.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Another vote for Avon's. I run the stock Dunlop's for a while too, and when I switched to Avon's, that was it for me. The difference was so huge in my opinion, that I'm not even experimenting with anything else. I don't see how anyone would be dissatisfied with them. They handle great, and wear good too.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts