V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone knows what is the largest tire size I can put on my 2000 FXDX Conv. The 130 on the rear now is kinda flat on one side ( sounds funny but slid quiet awhile trying to not hit a cager that pulled out in front of me and stopped ) so the tire is round except in one little spot and also does anybody have any comments on the Cheng Shin tires.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Stay with USA or Spain (Michelin) for your tires I say.
A 140 will fit no problems as long as you got the norrow belt (I think 2000's do). You can even fit a 150 in them as long as no add-ons that mount throu the fender.
I am running a 140 (Michlin Commander) on my 01 FXDXT with no problems, by the way I paid 92 bucks shiped to the house for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
peon,

I put a 150 Metzler tire on my 00 FXDL, You should be able to do the same. You already have the narrow belt and no spacer changes need to be made. As Kags said no addons that go thru the fender. I had to relocat my rear turn signals and that was it.
NOTE: If you wanted to fit a 160 in there you could but then you would have the play around with diffrent wheel spacers and deal with 1/4" offset or less.

Good luck

Also one observation : A fat rear on a bike is good, a Wide rear on the ol lady not good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have "02" Wide Glide. It came with 150 stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.