V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a GOOD tire shop in the Sacramento area that carries Metzelers and doesn't make you take your own wheels off for tire mounting.
Only place I've found is in the Bay Area(CA sport touring) and they make you dismount your own wheels from the bike. I don't mind doing most of my own work but I really don't want to have to dick around taking wheels off and then hauling them in for tire changes.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know of a tire shop that doesn't want the wheels off the bike. Tred Mill on folsom blvd will mount tires if you bring the wheels in. They can usually get the tires for you in a couple of days. If you call first they'll they'll have the tires for you when you come in. I don't know what they keep in stock though. They'll even mount the tires you bring in.
I think you have to go to the dealer to get the wheels taken off the bike any more.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Frank @ Kaelins Custom Cycles in Fairfield will do it. I think he only charged me $25. Maybe call ahead to make sure he has the tire size needed in stock. (707) 434-8883

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
j79phan said:
I would check with theses guys. I don't know about mounting, but worth a phone call. I got my Metz's shipped to me from them.

http://www.motorcyclemart.com/

Tom
Thanks for the suggestions. I went to California Sport Touring for the tires. I was really hoping to find someone who had a reasonable price and would do the mounting including removing the wheels from the bike. Cal Sport touring doesn't remove from the bike but they do have a lift and tools they let me use. I was just hoping to avoid this job, I do my dirt bikes all the time but I'm just a little intimidated to dick around with a 750lb. $20k motorcycle on a lift for the first time.

Joe

·
Registered
213 Posts
jasilva said:
I'm just a little intimidated to dick around with a 750lb. $20k motorcycle on a lift for the first time.

Joe

Put it on the lift and secure it with a tie down strap across the seat, pull it tight. That bike loves you, it won't bite, honest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts