V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an 06 lowrider and I just picked up tires for it.
I went with the ME 888 , I know harley calls for 30 front 40 rear but I'm hearing mixed reviews on pressure.
What's everyone running?
Great tires all I run on my glide and roadking depending on climate where u live dictates, I run myb35psi

·
Registered
12,012 Posts
I run Harley air don't be on a trip and accidentally get Honda air. Your tire will go from slightly underinflated to flat in no time.

Sent before the first bowl of the day

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
Iharley buys tires to put on the bikes,, harley does not warranty tires the manufacturer does..
On that,,, read the sidewall, keep pressures between the manufacturers recommendations...

There are 2 reasons to keep tire pressure at the max... you are carrying a heavy load,, or you are riding at high speeds for extended periods.

I always keep my tires at the max pressure.. because i, by myself is a heavy load,, i look thin because I'm so tall,, 300# is 300# me and a 120# woman exceed the max load requirements,,, and,, i ride at excessively high speeds and do alot ,of corners,, i use the 113 and it's horsepower,, all the time,,, it is my toy for rerirement.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've got an 06 lowrider and I just picked up tires for it.
I went with the ME 888 , I know harley calls for 30 front 40 rear but I'm hearing mixed reviews on pressure.
What's everyone running?
You mean "everyone" who has a Lowrider and weighs and carries as much as you and are running ME888's?
'Cause it's going to be different for a Sportster or a Lowrider or an Ultra and, surely, a tracked Ducati.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts