V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's off to the left a little, is this normal, bike seems to handle great so I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mine is also on my 2002 Ultra.

Asked the dealer service manager about it once.....

he said "they all do that." :whatever:

Then I got to looking at it closer while I was cleaning it up one day and ended up wondering if it was the tire that was slightly offset to the left or was it that the rear fender is offset slightly to the right ?????

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
You know, the last time I had the Dyna out I thought the gas tank 'leaned' a bit to the right while the bike tracked perfectly.

But then, we have these beautiful Harleys and bitch about little things.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
FL chassis (at least the newer stuff) - the front and rear tires don't follow the same track. Some years ago, there were articles floating around about this and how it's dangerous/not dangerous, good/bad, etc. I never did read why they are built this way. My Road King handles great, so I don't pay any attention to the offset.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Tourist said:
You know, the last time I had the Dyna out I thought the gas tank 'leaned' a bit to the right while the bike tracked perfectly.

But then, we have these beautiful Harleys and bitch about little things.
Tourist, I see your point but I had a little trouble with the deliverly of my bike,1- fairing had a nick in it, they had to order a new one, 2-Tank had glue that had to be buffed out, 3-front fender had to be buffed out due to a scratch in the clear coat, so I hope you can see the reason for my concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts