V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got stuck opening the shop today, so I asked the owner if I could use some material and build myself a tire changer while I was there.
So today I designed a tire changer and built the frame, took it home because the parts that remain will be bolt on
I still have to build the bead breaker and a plastic center hub along with some adjustable cams i designed to lock against the rim

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Good job. You'll need to bolt it to the floor so it doesn't tip. Also the Na Mar has a Bead breaker mounted to the vertical arm. Looks like you have the gist of what to build.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, what you can't see in the pic, is a hole I have in the upright "vertical" to mount a bead breaker. it is pretty stable and I plan on having the bead braker contact the tire toward the back of the unit, applying the force behind the main support. more than likely it will still need to be bolted down.... and thanks for your comment
Not too bad for 6hrs work tho

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like it so far. Looks very functional. I've looked at enough of them to see where you are going with it. When you get a chance post up the finished product. You might could market it.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
you are a talented man :beer:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Nice work!
I finally sold my cycle hill tire changer. Yours looks higher quality than mine did. Good work. Just make sure the clamps are high enough so you don't have to remove the sprocket or rotors.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made drawings

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats cool. I have a No-Mar. I didn't bolt ours to the ground, like to move it around if needed. Have two ratchets that hold it in place, one to the wall that has a hook in it and the other to the support beam of the upstairs floor
Great job.

Rick

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great job, I will be keeping an eye on this- looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Do you change that many tires, or are you just having some fun?

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I change my own and a few friends, in fact a friend has borrowed the changer and a bunch of his BMW buddies all changed their tires last Saturday using it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats cool. I have a No-Mar. I didn't bolt ours to the ground, like to move it around if needed. Have two ratchets that hold it in place, one to the wall that has a hook in it and the other to the support beam of the upstairs floor
Great job.

Rick
How do you like the No-mar and which model do you have?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
How do you like the No-mar and which model do you have?
I have had the Classic but I got it with both the "spin" type clamps and the "ratcheting" clamps. I moved around a lot on active duty so I eventually bought the truck hitch adapter so I wasn't always having to floor mount it to the garage. I'm retired and in our house but actually prefer the hitch mount. I can keep it out of the way until I need it for the 30 minutes or so it takes to set up remove and mount the tire. When I bought it I figured between the savings on buying my own tired and no labor to mount it would take between 7-10 tires to pay for itself. I'm satisfied with it and highly recommend the classic with ratcheting clamps it also came with the static balancer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts