V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Restless
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in order to send my 9 spoke mags off my 04' Ultra to the chromer I had to have the wheel bearings removed first. No way was any method going to work to remove them other than the special puller that the dealer had. So it cost me around 20 bucks to have them removed. Installing them it looks like it could be done with some allthread, washers and a nut on each end to be tightened to draw the bearings in.

Has anyone tried this or have a similar method that would work?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
timbo said:
Well in order to send my 9 spoke mags off my 04' Ultra to the chromer I had to have the wheel bearings removed first. No way was any method going to work to remove them other than the special puller that the dealer had. So it cost me around 20 bucks to have them removed. Installing them it looks like it could be done with some allthread, washers and a nut on each end to be tightened to draw the bearings in.

Has anyone tried this or have a similar method that would work?

Thanks.
YES TIMBO............................And it works perfectly, just got to ensure that the bearings are not "scewiff".........once they are started though it just is a matter of tightening the nuts until the bearing are in their final position.

All the best, Ozzie
 

·
Restless
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Thanks Ozzie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
timbo, also have a set of 9 spokes that I want to have chromed. courious as who you are using and why? Have you used them before or have they been recomended by someone? what are they charging? thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Timbo, when you set up the all thread and washers be sure to "push" the bearing in on the outer race. Don't apply the pushing force on the inner race. That is just good bearing installation practice to press on the race that is restraining the bearing.
 

·
Restless
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jimbos883 said:
Timbo, when you set up the all thread and washers be sure to "push" the bearing in on the outer race. Don't apply the pushing force on the inner race. That is just good bearing installation practice to press on the race that is restraining the bearing.
Thanks for the tip!
 

·
Restless
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
what kind of turn around do they have?

Did not see any Dyna exchange wheels... sounds like a good price compared to aftermarket wheels.
 

·
Restless
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
george248 said:
what kind of turn around do they have?

Did not see any Dyna exchange wheels... sounds like a good price compared to aftermarket wheels.
If your doing an exchange the turn around is days. If your having your own wheels chromed, you can expect to have them back 3-4 weeks after shipping them off.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top