·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick view...

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Looks GREAT bro, Much luck to ya with the tins and the build. Are we gonna get a burnout pic from ya? lol......

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Damn nice. :wootdnc: Have fun and Be Safe.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Nice!!!! Now let's see you out on the road!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Nicely done.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Wow John, it looks like a whole new ride! I bet it feels like one too. That's a pretty light bike for all that power! Hang on tight.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Okay John, it's been at least 3 days since the heat cycle, and no reports. :265: Granted Friday and Saturday were probably wash out's, today however was a go. So, how's it feel ?

I've got 600 miles on mine now. It's better, but I still don't have a map that's quite right. I think it could be better. Maybe it's just not quite broke in yet, or maybe I'm just expecting too much.

:cheers:

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
Hey, I noticed me and you have the same tool organizing skills while working on something. When its done, and everything works for a week, THEN put
the tools up!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mbkodiak said:
Okay John, it's been at least 3 days since the heat cycle, and no reports. :265: Granted Friday and Saturday were probably wash out's, today however was a go. So, how's it feel ?

I've got 600 miles on mine now. It's better, but I still don't have a map that's quite right. I think it could be better. Maybe it's just not quite broke in yet, or maybe I'm just expecting too much.

:cheers:
Sorry guys...I promised pics (no the tools aren't put up yet) but they're not in the pic...runs great...looking for a dyno, gonna install a VPC as the SE clutch spring isn't quite enough...here's the links: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31084&d=1145984666
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31085&d=1145984686

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Sorry guys...I promised pics (no the tools aren't put up yet) but they're not in the pic...runs great...looking for a dyno, gonna install a VPC as the SE clutch spring isn't quite enough...here's the links: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31084&d=1145984666
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31085&d=1145984686
Beautiful bike! Bet the wife is glad that you built it for her. Now, where is your ride?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
Beautiful bike! Bet the wife is glad that you built it for her. Now, where is your ride?
Funny guy...so who told you she passed the MSF course???:duh?:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Looks great man!!!:cheers:

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
the SE clutch spring isn't quite enough
What problem are you having with your clutch? I just did a 95in build...now at 107 torque...and i'm still running the stock clutch. I purchased the SE spring thinking i would need it but so far the stock clutch hasn't slipped or anything.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
miles to go said:
What problem are you having with your clutch? I just did a 95in build...now at 107 torque...and i'm still running the stock clutch. I purchased the SE spring thinking i would need it but so far the stock clutch hasn't slipped or anything.
It may be that I have nearly 30k on the bike but these heads get RPM so fast that I think I'm still overwhelming the clutch, (a buddies 95" doesn't get "R's" anywhere near as fast) I've adjusted it twice. I have the E-Z-clutch ramps in the tranny but I doubt that has any effect on the performance of the clutch. The only time it slips now is when I'm really gettin' it and bang another gear...3rd to 4th once in a while and a little more often from 4th to 5th. I haven't had the OL on the back yet to see how that affects thinbs

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I haven't had the OL on the back yet to see how that affects thinbs
...and you're gonna tell her - ''Honey, you're makin' my clutch slip''#[email protected] ...I need a VPC

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
xkvator said:
...and you're gonna tell her - ''Honey, you're makin' my clutch slip''#[email protected] ...I need a VPC
Ya know...she reads the post here sometimes...now I gotta come up with another angle:duh?:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts