V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mabey one of you Techs can help me. I'm an auto tech. Turning wrenches for 30+ years. My stock roading with slip ons, air filter and 18,000 miles makes a tinny sound at idle after aprox. 30 miles. It seems to come and go. I changed the oil in this bike every 2,000 miles and ride it easy. Mobil 1, I checked all the heat shields and don't feel thats the problem.I checked all the shield clamps and I put pressure on them with a gloved hand and the noise won't go away. Seems to come from the right side. I'm beginning to think tensioners? Should I just start to tear it down? I still have a little riding season left but It's starting to worrie me. What do you think? If I do have to tear it down should I just change the tensioners?
Thanks

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Make sure ALL of the connections are tight, especially the mount at the clutch cover.

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
2" back from the rear cylinder on the left exhaust pipe there is a mount that ties the ehaust to the rear of the engine. the nut fell off mine and sounded similar to your description. 20 cent fix. Hope yours is too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts