V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Well...seems Wayne will be available either Sat-Sun so if the weather cooperates we could have a nice ride up!!!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Looks like a few of us will be headed to the show Saturday in the AM...y'all are welcome to join us...

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I guess your planning to drive then ? :whistle:

Baltimore's Saturday forecast:

Saturday
Feb 09 Sprinkles
Hi: 46° Lo: 26°
Chance of light rain showers. High 46F and low 26F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Precipitation chance 50%.

Friday on the other hand: :clap: Greg, are you listening ?

Friday
Feb 08 Partly Cloudy
Hi: 49° Lo: 32°
Partly cloudy skies. High 49F and low 32F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Precipitation chance 15%.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
He's talking about me. Should have said "semi-retarded" :hystria:

So Greg, get Friday off yet ?
Just got Friday. My boss was happy to get his retarded employee out of the office! Ahh for the days when I'm merely retired, 'course I'll still probably be retarded...

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Greg;

What's your plan. I was thinking of leaving down here around 9am so the rush hour has thinned. Should put us there around 11:00. Give us about 3-4 hours and head home. Since it's Friday, I'm thinking of taking 301 to the Nice bridge and avoiding Wodrow Wilson and I-95. I may have some others along as well, but no one has confirmed yet.

Mike

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Greg;

What's your plan. I was thinking of leaving down here around 9am so the rush hour has thinned. Should put us there around 11:00. Give us about 3-4 hours and head home. Since it's Friday, I'm thinking of taking 301 to the Nice bridge and avoiding Wodrow Wilson and I-95. I may have some others along as well, but no one has confirmed yet.

Mike

Sounds good to me, but will 0900 from your end work? after all you'll be coming straight up 95? An 0900 start is easy from here. Seems like it took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get up there from my house last year. (Or should have! It took almost 45 minutes to get from the exit ramp to the show.) I'll want to leave the show by 1400 and want to head down I-95 or 295, so I can stop at Zippers on the way back.

Let me know what might you think about places to meet to link up for the ride up.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Sorry I missed ya, I did get to meet 4 or 5 members form here and that was great!
I had to work til 4 on Saturday and til 2 today, although I may sneak out for an hour or two between now & then.
Thanks for the compliment!
You did vote right:whistle:

·
ALK
321 Posts
Next time I'll check the forum before going to the show. 20/20 hindsight.

Rode to the Timonium show Saturday morning and arrived as it opened to the public @ around 1000 or 1020. Nice close/covered parking in the food pavilion.

The ride up route 83 was a hoot. Easily 80 plus just to keep up with traffic in the left hand lane. Took care of the cabin fever...at least this time.

The 1911 Gray Silent Fellow really grabbed my attention. Nothing like a bit of nostalgia. And that American Thunder's Michele Smith is just a very nice lady.

By 1 pm the crowds were incredible and I left. The ride home was even better than the ride up....of course a detour to the Marriottsville Range was the capper.

Hope all you all enjoyed the show, the ride, and kept it safe.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I look forward to this show every year. Going down tomorrow afternoon. I know when it rolls around riding season isn't too far off.
:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Supposed to be larger this year with a whole extra building for sales of used bikes and parts. Weather is gonna be real nice too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bikes that were there were very nice but IMO the show was a flop and not worth the money,even with the discount.The swap meet was a total waste of time and not even worth the walk I made up to see what was there.Decent discounts on clothing and helmets could be had but I couldn't believe how little of them there was.

All of those who did show their rides paid good attention to detail and it was very evident to see that.I did get a good laugh at the Baltimore H-D Dealer who had a night Rod Special on display with a newly installed Trask Turbo kit.When asked about HP expectations the salesman told the person that they had just finished it right before the show and that 200 rwhp would be easily attainable and it was this gentlemans answer to the power he wanted.I just smiled and walked away wondering how many parts they will break with the stock motor trying to get tuned for 200 to the ground.

Its too bad they do not have this show at a better venue as I feel the crowds and show rides would have been represented.......Andy

21 - 39 of 39 Posts