V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the torque for the timing cover screws. the five screws in the center of the cover?? thanks...
 

·
Ironbutt
Joined
·
7,415 Posts
shrinkman2 said:
Anyone know the torque for the timing cover screws. the five screws in the center of the cover?? thanks...
I don't know the specific torque but i'm sure it's not much - maybe 15-20 inch lbs. I just snug them down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Maint manual

I have the 06 Softail Service Manual, but am new and can't find the timing chain cover torque. Is it called the primary chain tension cover also?
If that is the cover, the book says 84-108 inch lbs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Rose. It's not the primary cover, it would be called the timing cover. I am going to try to pick up a manual today.....they were out when I went last time. Can't seem to remember to order one till I need it.
 

·
Ironbutt
Joined
·
7,415 Posts
shrinkman2 said:
thanks Rose. It's not the primary cover, it would be called the timing cover. I am going to try to pick up a manual today.....they were out when I went last time. Can't seem to remember to order one till I need it.
The timing cover is not a critical cover so don't sweat the tq value. Just put some blue lock on the bolts and snug them down. The bolts are very small so DON'T over-tighten.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
miles to go said:
The timing cover is not a critical cover so don't sweat the tq value. Just put some blue lock on the bolts and snug them down. The bolts are very small so DON'T over-tighten.
@gree: very easy to strip.....
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top