V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My story is similar to most others. I got the bug early on. A 1971 Honda QA50 was my first ride and I road it to death. While all the other neighborhood kids were playing ball I was romping through the woods looking for mud. Something that little 50 wasn't too good at. Graduated to a Honda 80 and up from there peicing together different dirt bikes. When I hit 16 I had to decide between bikes and cars, not being born with a silver spoon in my mouth I had to choose a car. Since then, went to school, got married, bought a house, and still work way too much. Two years ago I decided screw it, I want to ride again. I took the MSF course for a refresher. At the same time a buddy of mine took delivery of his Softail standard. He offered me his 83 Kawasaki 454 for $1. How could I say no. I put 5000 uncomfortable miles on that scooter last year. Not that I'm a big guy, I'm not, but that bike just didn't fit. I started looking at the Harley's. Being myself (Read anal) I had to research what each bike offered. I was looking for something that would be a good round town bike but also something comfotable for a days ride. My research brought me here. Tons of good info on this site. Anyway I decided I wanted a Road King. We have two dealers in the area that sell at MSRP +$500. So I got on the waiting list at one of them. While waiting I was always looking. Wellllllll, one fine morning in December I was cruising EBay on the web. There it was, a 2002 FLHR. Luxury Blue and Ice (I love that combo) Lace wheels, Alarm, two seats, a cover, windshield bag, 4 year extended warranty, I was in love and it was only 2 hours from here!!! Did I mention it only has 125 miles on it? It's now parked in my garage. :D I took it out for the first time yesterday, DAMN that felt good!

There she is, I've already added the back rest and the chrome passenger foot board covers. Next is some different bars. Something that will bring the controls about 2 inches closer.

As they say, the bike is only a down payment for all the mods you're going to make.

Great forum, glad to be here. I'm putting an order for a T shirt, it's the least all of us can do to support it.

DJ

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the boards DJ. 125 miles on an '02! Man, and the color combo you admire, you couldn't have asked for anything better. Enjoy the ride and the boards...............

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow an '02 with 125 miles, the previous owner never broke in the bike. Great find very nice bike DJ, you got a real nice one there and save $500 and got basically a new bike.

Welcome to the board, and you are right the bike is only a down payment towards the mods. So I guess your daily reading is now H-D's accessory catalog. Take care and enjoy that nice bike

Dave

·
Registered
885 Posts
Welcome! Nice ride. Love those colors. I was pissed when I found out the 03's were not being offered in that combo.
Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,fellow New Englander!

I was born & raised in New Bedford Mass. before moving to Maine 12 years ago.

Congrats on your new scoot,nice lookin' bike!!

Enjoy it & post often.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sweet ride. Post up often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts