51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm Contemplating Adding Some More Punch to My FXDWG. Here's What I Have:
04 FXDWGI
SE HTCC Heads
SE 257 Cams
SE H.O. Forged 10:5/1 Pistons
Adj. Pushrods
Sampson Short Slashers(With Baffles I Might Add)
PCIIIusb
Lots of Other Stuff $$$$

Here's the Idea: Want to Add 103 Flywheels & a Comparable Gear Drive Cam.
Question: I Have the HO Forged Pistons. Haven't Seen Anyone With This Combination? Very Happy With the 257 MOCO Cams. Just Want to Get Rid of the Chain drive BEFORE Anything Goes Wrong With That.
Any Suggestions? Advice? You Folks Have Always Given Great Advice.:thumbsup: So I'm Asking Again. Thanks​
!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Well if you are staying with the heads you have and are going to swap a cam and really like the 257 the andrews 67 is extremely close. Are you having any issues with ign ping with your current set up?? The HTCC heads are prone to ping due to the weird chamber shape, and squish needs to be spot on. The piston swap should not give you a issue but i would still make sure they have it set up correctly

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HDWRENCH said:
Well if you are staying with the heads you have and are going to swap a cam and really like the 257 the andrews 67 is extremely close. Are you having any issues with ign ping with your current set up?? The HTCC heads are prone to ping due to the weird chamber shape, and squish needs to be spot on. The piston swap should not give you a issue but i would still make sure they have it set up correctly
Funny You Should Mention Ping? If I Lug it Under About 1800 It'll Ping? Course, I Have it Advanced Quite a Bit When Wide Open(9deg) to Try and Make Up for the Slashers Being Shorter That the Pipes I Had Originally.

Does the gear drive Make Much Noise?(Not That it Matters)

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Noise

That will depend on crank runout.
I'd send the new crank to Hoban Bros., right out of the gate.
Also have you looked at the Bob Wood TW-9BG cams?
If you like the 257(?) you will have a love affair with the 9BG's, set up correctly.
Scott

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Scott have you run the 9B with the HTCC heads?? I never have so I did not mention it I have run it in dozens of other combos. As I am sure you have as well. The post seemed to be directed towrads keeping the htcc heads, the 67 is a drop in on his current heads.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hillsidecycle.com said:
That will depend on crank runout.
I'd send the new crank to Hoban Bros., right out of the gate.
Also have you looked at the Bob Wood TW-9BG cams?
If you like the 257(?) you will have a love affair with the 9BG's, set up correctly.
Scott

Really? Wonder What I'd Get if I did the Heads Over as HDWRENCH Mentioned?HHMMNN.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts