V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Effective this afternoon, BCT is shipping newly designed ThunderMonsters that fit in the SE II Pro muffler- no need to buy ones to fit in the headers anymore. The cost is higher- more metal to machine, I guess, so the old option is still there for those who don't want to spend the additional bucks.

BCT says the tone will be much deeper than the header-mounted TMs. The TMs will fit using the existing baffle mounting holes and screws.

I have been running SEII Pros with modified (cut down diverter tab) baffles in my 05 FXDWG. The sound is loud but an awesome bass. I am anxious to see how the TMs sound and perform. They should arrive in a few days.

Guy III

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is this the mod that makes the SEII pipes much, much deeper? Can you repost what it is that you are doing to get the better sound out of the pipes?

I think I heard a set of SEII's last weekend on an Anniversary Road Glide. Didn't think much of the pipes when I saw the bike sitting, but I took notice when I heard him leave.......but then couldn't ask him what he did to make them sound like that!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See my reply post on 11/7/05. You can search by clicking on my name. I documented the modification in that post. I like it a lot but was curious if the TM would produce even better sound (hard to imagine) and better performance (maybe). Good luck!

Guy

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got off the phone with the tech from BCT, and ordered a set for my Heritage. Guy, did you you get your's put in ? , and if so, what do you think ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts